Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P45-UD3P will not post with a OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD

Default Re: GA-P45-UD3P will not post with a OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD

thanks but RIP GA-EP45-DS4. I grabbed the latest bios from gigabyte which updated the iSrc bios to 1.20b, booted it up once without the ssd, set the ssd from legacy back to ahci in the bios, powered off, reconnected the ssd and now it wont boot at all. it starts firing up then looses power before post starts up then infinitely retrys from there. i disconnected all drives, same thing, replaced the psu with a brand new 500watt, same thing. RIP motherboard. It must have been around 5 years old so not entirely unexpected. looks like ill get a new system after all :) but running an even older spare amd work system for now with the ssd.

synack is offline Member

Sucks that the board died. FWIW the partitioning shouldn't have affected the POST at all. I'm guessing something had gone terribly wrong with the BIOS.

Syn

Well its exactly what happened to the OP with the OCZ drive, on the same era board from the same manufacturer with the same chipset, so I just wanted to report that its not a one off. It would have been nice to say the latest bios update fixed it, but I failed to get conclusive results on that. Oh well. I can confirm that it booted with the stock bios and installed the OS when the drive was complete empty but connected, but would not POST past the sata detection phase when the drive had a valid boot sector and partition table. I removed and reconnected the drive several times with this consistant result before I installed the beta bios and it died. I suspect the MB died from old age and physically being touched but we'll never know if that was it or if was beta bios now. It booted on the new bios once without the SSD, so I think that confirms it wasnt a bad flash. Plugged in the SSD and game over.

For the record the bios was from http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/...?pid=2840#bios and it was version F10b
    Last edited by antus; 01-21-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: correcting my bad english :P

synack is offline Member

Yep something whacked with the bios. As you can see from my specs, I have 2 of those drives on my system running linux and never had a problem. (not a gigabyte board however)
    I love em. they are wicked fast. where's the firesale? lol i'd pickup a few more.

Syn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information