Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P35-DS4 Bios with new OROMs ?

Default Re: P35-DS4 Bios with new OROMs ?

Here is an attempt of modification of GA-P35-DS4 F14 with

ICH9RAID.BIN Intel(R) RAID for SATA v11.2.0.1527 (from 8086-2822_v11201527_mod-for-TRIM-in-RAID0.bin) BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) AHCI & RAID ROM Modules
    JMB59.BIN v1.08.01 BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) AHCI & RAID ROM Modules
    rtegrom.lom v2.60 Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)
    SLIC 2.1

I am unable to test until I have a second machine so if you are keen prehaps you wouldn't mind trying and letting everyone know if it works.

Note: I have also requested to https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thre...est-GA-P35-DS4 and BIOS Modding Guides and Problems [Request] Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 but no response yet. I think I have it mostly worked out but there was some discussions about things being a bit harder for Gigabyte. Probably why some of the ones you tried already didn't work.

P35DS4_SLIC

I just gave this a shot and its the same issue. I can't even create a raid volume. Not with the CTRL+I at boot (which doesn't show up at all anymore) or with Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It sees all the drives but the create button is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by baikinman View Post
    Here is an attempt of modification of GA-P35-DS4 F14 with

ICH9RAID.BIN Intel(R) RAID for SATA v11.2.0.1527 (from 8086-2822_v11201527_mod-for-TRIM-in-RAID0.bin) BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) AHCI & RAID ROM Modules
    JMB59.BIN v1.08.01 BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) AHCI & RAID ROM Modules
    rtegrom.lom v2.60 Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)
    SLIC 2.1

I am unable to test until I have a second machine so if you are keen prehaps you wouldn't mind trying and letting everyone know if it works.

Note: I have also requested to https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thre...est-GA-P35-DS4 and BIOS Modding Guides and Problems [Request] Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 but no response yet. I think I have it mostly worked out but there was some discussions about things being a bit harder for Gigabyte. Probably why some of the ones you tried already didn't work.

P35DS4_SLIC

That is unfortunate. Just checking, but did you check the BIOS settings and make sure it is in RAID mode? Quite often after a flash it reverts back to defaults.

Quote Originally Posted by bxsteez View Post
    I just gave this a shot and its the same issue. I can't even create a raid volume. Not with the CTRL+I at boot (which doesn't show up at all anymore) or with Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It sees all the drives but the create button is gone.

Yup. The flash process from the tutorial said you have to load optimized defaults after flashing and then go back in to the bios and re-enable your settings so I do that every time I flash a Bios. You can see during the post that RAID is selected so I'm 100% sure it was selected.

That is unfortunate. Just checking, but did you check the BIOS settings and make sure it is in RAID mode? Quite often after a flash it reverts back to defaults.

I will be able to do some testing myself next week so will let you know how it goes. Interesting issue as it mostly seems like things are working except for the create part and it is the same issue you have seen on all the BIOSes you have tried. How big are your drives? Did you attempt to use the other raid on sata port 5 and 6?

Yup. The flash process from the tutorial said you have to load optimized defaults after flashing and then go back in to the bios and re-enable your settings so I do that every time I flash a Bios. You can see during the post that RAID is selected so I'm 100% sure it was selected.

Yea its the same for all the ones I tried on this forum. The one in the Gigabyte Modded Bios forum allowed me to make a RAID array but it didn't recognize drives bigger than 2TB. I have a 2x2TB, 1x1.5TB, 1x1TB, and 2x3TB and one SSD. I didn't actually make the RAID but I did see if I could but it only allowed for RAID1 and RAID0 which I didn't want.

I will be able to do some testing myself next week so will let you know how it goes. Interesting issue as it mostly seems like things are working except for the create part and it is the same issue you have seen on all the BIOSes you have tried. How big are your drives? Did you attempt to use the other raid on sata port 5 and 6?

So just a final update on this one as I messed around trying quite a few things. This is what I have found - mostly a summary of what I have found in other threads and sites and also things I have tired.

For P35-DS4
    * Last BIOS on Gigabyte website has Intel Raid OROM 7.5.0.1017
    * 3TB drive support is from 10.5.1.1070
    * Any TRIM support is only RAID 0 (no support for RAID 1 or 5 etc) Note modified OROMs for support earlier that Intel released are available.
    * There seems to be a restriction on the size of the OROM that can be used to around 64KB. The latest one that I was able to use was 8.5.0.1030

Yea its the same for all the ones I tried on this forum. The one in the Gigabyte Modded Bios forum allowed me to make a RAID array but it didn't recognize drives bigger than 2TB. I have a 2x2TB, 1x1.5TB, 1x1TB, and 2x3TB and one SSD. I didn't actually make the RAID but I did see if I could but it only allowed for RAID1 and RAID0 which I didn't want.

old thread but perhaps interesting for some of you.

Look @ http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post502915

Works for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information