Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77x-UD3H and G930 headset on VIA USB3

Default Z77x-UD3H and G930 headset on VIA USB3

I have contacted Logitech on this, but they have yet to respond with anything helpful. On my new Z77x-UD3H I cannot use my Logitech G930 USB headset on the VIA USB3 ports. However they do work on the 2 rear Intel ports. I would like to use the headset on the VIA ports and leave the intel ports for the keyboard+mouse so I don't have to pull my system out and swap the mouse from a VIA to Intel port each time I do something where I need a mouse that is not in my main windows7 install. I have tried different G930, VIA and chipset drivers/software and updating to the latest BIOS and they all exhibit the exact same problem with the G930s. Any ideas?
    Last edited by frag85; 12-22-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Default Re: Z77x-UD3H and G930 headset on VIA USB3

Weird, I was searching for VIA USB3 and gigabyte and that did not come up. Definitly sounds like a universal VIA issue on these gigabyte boards though.

Nah the search engine can be a bit tricky :) I did a google using, site:forums.tweaktown.com via usb problem 2012 gigabyte

The manual also says this btw..

"VIA VL800 chip:

Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
    * Due to a Windows 7 limitation, please connect your USB device(s) to the Intel controlled USB port(s) (located below the RJ-45 LAN port) before the VIA USB 3.0 controller driver is installed."

Yeah, I understand that point. Its int he manual and on their website, and on the specs for them mobo on most parts sites. Wierd thing is I have the Logitech G930 issue even if both of the Intel ports are being used. Its more of an inconvenience.

bruxup is offline Junior Member

Personally, I think it's an issue with the VIA chipset itself. I've had nothing but problems with the VIA ports since getting my Z77X-UD3H as well.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...panel-usb.html

Even when I went to VIA's site to get the drivers from them directly, I noticed they were last updated before this motherboard was even released. I have tried the drivers on Gigabyte's site, VIA's site, flashed the BIOS several times and even searched high and low online but still to this day I have issues.

The closest I got it to working was unistalling all the drivers in Windows Device Manager, shutting down and removing the CMOS battery, putting it back, rebooting the system and then reinstalling the drivers...I got the VIA ports to work, but only once. As soon as I unplugged a device and tried it again or rebooted the system, the ports seemed dead again...I've unfortunately settled with the fact that I have a motherboard with 6 USB ports and only 2 working ones. I rely on my case's front panel and luckily I have 2 USB 3.0 ports there plugged in through the header on the motherboard (not sure if the USB header is VIA-based or not, but it does work...if it is VIA then that makes this issue even more strange).

This will be the last time I deal with VIA because thinking back, I've had problems with their chipsets on almost every build I've put together. Wish I had something a bit more helpful, but I do sincerely believe the issue lies with VIA.

Here's a resposne I got from Gigabyte's Tech Support, but like I said it would only work on a fresh boot. If I unplug the device and try it again or plug in a different one, the same problem occurs...hope it brings you better luck.

Please try the following:
    1. Uninstall all existing USB 3.0 driver.
    2. Remove CMOS battery for 10-15Mins.
    3. Download and reinstall both USB 3.0 driver again:
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...r_via_usb3.exe
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...intel_usb3.exe

Cheers!
    Last edited by bruxup; 12-31-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Thread Information