Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: UEFI Bios update

kjohnson28 is offline Junior Member

Default UEFI Bios update

Hi I have P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard with the F9 bios right now, and I would like to update to the latest UEFI bios. I guess I need help in getting started in this update process. I know how to use Qflash with a regular bios update, but not sure if its the same process with UEFI bios. do I need to make a usb stick bootable? if so how? Do I use Qflash for this update? when I download the uefi bios from gigabyte there is only 2 files and I have read there is supposed to be 3 files.

thanks for your help.

Default Re: UEFI Bios update

Happy New Year to the forum

wow all the views and not one reply. I keep hearing this is the place to get answers to questions no matter if your a newbie or a expert witch I'm not by any means. so thanks

flyfisher is offline Member

Download the U1b BIOS from the link in the "Gigabyte latest beta BIOS" thread. You should already have the flashing program FLASHEFI from your download from the Gigabyte site. This program must be run from a bootable flash drive. There are a couple ways to make a bootable flash drive, let me check my notes.

Edit:
    Ok, here's how you do it. Read this post.

As always, first load optimized defaults before flashing BIOS. Place the BIOS file and FlashEFI.exe on the flash drive. Boot to the flash drive and at the prompt type "flashefi p77aud33.u1b" without the quotes. It will take a few minutes to flash the main and backup. Shut down and restart. Enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults. Reboot and enter your settings. When you boot to Windows it will reinstall all your device drivers, so don't be alarmed. Good luck!
    Last edited by flyfisher; 12-30-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Thread Information