Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper M3 - BCLK setting in BIOS

WillG027 is offline Junior Member

Default Sniper M3 - BCLK setting in BIOS

Hi there gents, hoping you guys might have some insight to this little oddity that occured the last few days. I had an overclock on my 3570k that I thought was stable (4.4ghz) but I had a crash. I noticed, in windows that the BIOS had reset it's overclock settings so i rebooted and entered BIOS. Once in BIOS, it wasnt just the OC settings, but the entire BIOS that had been reset. OK, no biggie, so set about re-setting my settings, except here's the problem, the setting for 'BCLK Clock' is nowhere to be seen. I opened the case, turned off power and cleared CMOS by jumping the pins on the board. Same problem - no BCLK cLock setting. I can set everything else, but if i set an overclock - up the multi on the cpu, when the bios restarts it says something about hardware not being compatible. So next step was to completely shut down and i removed the boards battery for about 40 mins. Fired up - same problem. Tried clearing CMOS with the jumper one more time and lo and behold the BCLK setting was back - everything was normal and the BIOS took my oc settings again. I've had this BCLK setting disappear and reappear a couple of times now as I've tried to fine tune my overclock, and was wondering if any of you gurus knew if it is a known problem at all, or perhaps I need to think about an RMA due to hardware failure? Help is appreciated. (sorry for the wall of text) (EDIT to add - I dont overclock the BCLK when OCing it stays at 100 - though I did notice when this problem arises, where the setting disappears, the info screen displays it as 99.97mhz rather than the 100.10mhz that it usually sits at when set to 100 or auto)
    Last edited by WillG027; 01-21-2013 at 08:18 AM.

CDS Foley is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Sniper M3 - BCLK setting in BIOS

From things i read you could try and update to latest official bios or try the latest beta bios available form GB website.

Already on Latest F10c BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by WillG027 View Post
    Already on Latest F10c BIOS.
    Does your board have the dual bios? If so is your main bios and backup bios the same? This may explain the bios thing you report. If your main bios fails it will look to the sccondary(backup) and use that on the reboot.

To back up your main bios to your secondary (backup) bios press and hold ALT F10 when booting. To swap your backup bios with your main bios hit and hold CTRL F10 while booting. That means your main bios will be copied to your backup bios and your main bios will be copied to your main bios.
    Last edited by CDS Foley; 01-21-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDS Foley View Post
    oh k I read to my bios is double but not sure yous. I red you backup main to two bios. Mayb this it. twowords if one bios falts and not same as to may be cause of problem...?

wat deal with answer thing caus i post?
    Thanks for reply, but I'm having a little trouble understanding your posts clearly.

If you're talking of the board having two bioses, then yes it does.
    I actually did update the backup bios to F10c aswell; so they are both the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WillG027 View Post
    Thanks for reply, but I'm having a little trouble understanding your posts clearly.

If you're talking of the board having two bioses, then yes it does.
    I actually did update the backup bios to F10c aswell; so they are both the same.
    Yeah I'm sorry just jacking around here dude...Sorry though i don't have any other suggestions on your problem. Does the 3570K even allow for the blk change? Cause I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by CDS Foley View Post
    Yeah I'm sorry just jacking around here dude...Sorry though i don't have any other suggestions on your problem. Does the 3570K even allow for the blk change? Cause I don't know...
    Hilariously constructive. Thanks. EDIT: Well i appreciate you cleaning that up into legible english. Sniper M3 controls for back-up BIOS write are ctrl F10 at boot.
    Last edited by WillG027; 01-23-2013 at 05:05 PM.

kick is offline Senior Member

Ive had bios probs on Gigabyte before.. both with flashing and overclocking.
    Certain options seemingly disappearing.
    I believe what the previous poster was refering to was the overlap between the backup bios and the displayed bios.

Do you get any warnings when you enter uefi that your last overclock wasnt stable?

Set the machine on all defaults..auto memory read and everything.. save it and repost. Then only adjust whatever you might need so you can enter windows..such as setting storage type to ahci from ide ..1st boot device or whatever.
    Run windows let it load fully.
    shutdown.

start up again,repost into uefi,see if your clock option has returned.You may have to open some option to get the ability to adjust the clock.I dont know the exact bios setup.

99.7 or 99.8 in my case is the "vanilla" setting for a lot of mbrds.ie thats what the base clock really defaults to to make sure of a boot.
    Sometimes a bios change will remove that .On my board when an autooverclock is set to a speed say 4.6 ghz: even if the base clock shows as 100 it will default to 99.8 underload.
    If the clock is set to 100.1 ,it will go to 100.07.

To remove that I have to enter the overclock settings manually..offset voltage etc. Im not saying its the same on your board but a 99.7/99.8 isnt unusual on whats supposed to be a base clock of 100.

Anyway if you dont get the uefi back to normal from above.
    Hit cmos clear..after you have set everything to default again and retry.

If that doesnt work reflash,with the same bios,with everything set to default.. assuming there are no bugs with the latest bios, and see how that goes.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Thanks Kick,
    I've tried cmos clearing, loading defaults, and re-flashing. This setting disappearance just seems to be random.
    At this very moment it is ok. The option is there and the computer is running like a champ. But if I have to reset the parameters of the bios, or lose power, or clear cmos - well then its a lottery as to whether the bclk setting is going to appear in the bios.

I've found that when my board is at stock bclk (auto) or manually set to 100 it is actually 100.1.
    Whenever the issue arises I can see on the info screen in bios that it drops to 99.7. Don't know if that is an indicator to anyone as to what may be occurring.

kick is offline Senior Member

The vagaries of the gigabyte dual bios still excape me,as to when it loads but if its a lottery for you now and the backup is on optimised defaults it could be that the backup bios is loading/partially loading...which you would think is because the main one is showing instability.
    load optimised defaults and save. and run it that way with minimal changes to get into windows,reboot on default settings a few times and maybe that will tell the backup to "relax man".Then build up to whatever oclock settings work on the main bios and make sure they boot and post with stability a few times?
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information