Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-X58A-UDR3 POST LOOP Help Please!

jameyw is offline Junior Member

Default GA-X58A-UD3R POST LOOP Help Please!

I just got this motherboard back on a RMA from Gigabyte a few days ago. After re-installing, stress testing with Prime95 for 15hrs, and running games on it for a couple of days with NO problems, the system froze up on me. I hit the reset button. Now the system fails POST. It gets to the memory check, all fans come on, then powers off. Then comes back on. It repeats the same process over and over. I pulled the CMOS battery for a minute, re-installed. Same problem, but now I see the Gigabyte splash screen, but I'm unable to get into the BIOS. I've replaced the RAM, didn't fix the issue. All the overclock LED's are now Red and Yellow, whereas when it was running they were blue. All the DDR phase LED's seem to be lit up as well.

I was running slightly overclocked. Turbo mode (2) 3.2GHZ with the Smart 6 software that came with the MB.

Will I need to RMA? Again?
    Last edited by jameyw; 03-12-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Default Re: GA-X58A-UDR3 POST LOOP Help Please!

I would try with only 1 stick of ram and everything but the GPU and HD's connecte... if you still have it I would pull the MB from the case and try running it on the box the MB came in (don't put the anti-static under the MB). and run the system case-less

Could be something odd... I would try that first.

what was the reason for sending the board for RMA in the first place? and did they fix it, replace it or do nothing but ship it back?

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win8.1
    CPU = i7-980X @ 4.17Ghz 144x29 cooled by custom Loop
    Mem = 12GB 2000Mhz corsair Dominator GT at 2010Mhz @ 9-10-9-27-2T
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios - Dead Board
    MB = EVGA X58 Classified3 e770
    GPU = 2x Sapphire r9 290x in xfire
    HD = 2x Toshiba 120GB Raid 0 (580MB Read/140MB Write)
    Storage = 2TB WD Black
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2011 Virtual Machine with 8GB ram assigned for homer server with exchange
    CPU = AMD 1090T
    Mem = 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston RED Limited Edition running at 1600Mhz
    MB = Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
    GPU- EVGA GT210
    HD = too many to count, but about 5TB of storage all together including backup
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Too embarrassed to mention.

jameyw is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinster View Post
    I would try with only 1 stick of ram and everything but the GPU and HD's connecte... if you still have it I would pull the MB from the case and try running it on the box the MB came in (don't put the anti-static under the MB). and run the system case-less

Could be something odd... I would try that first.

what was the reason for sending the board for RMA in the first place? and did they fix it, replace it or do nothing but ship it back?

Vin
    Hi Vin,

I tried using 1 stick in the first white slot. didn't help. I think it has something to do with the BIOS crashing. I noticed all the Phase and Load LED's have changed from when it was running. The PC was running fine for 2 days. I was listening to music on it when it "froze up". Then after hitting the reset switch. it got stuck in this "post loop".

Since my first post, I've removed and re-seated the CPU. I've tried another graphics card. I've also removed the CMOS battery for 30min. Still doing the same "post loop".

The first RMA was unrelated. One of the "Japanese" capacitors popped. Still under warranty. So, I RMA'ed it. I don't know if they sent the same board back repaired. I know I NEVER had a problem like this with the first MOBO.

I'd contact tech support and tell them your issue with the replacement board. maybe they'll cover the shipping to/from.

Have you tried the motherboard out of the case? maybe something is shorting?

but if you can't boot at all... pull the battery over night ---12-24hrs.. I've had that work on an odd issue before...

after that, once you put the battery in and boot, if it goes, enter the bios and "Load Optimized Defaults" and re-boot again and see if it will run.

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win8.1
    CPU = i7-980X @ 4.17Ghz 144x29 cooled by custom Loop
    Mem = 12GB 2000Mhz corsair Dominator GT at 2010Mhz @ 9-10-9-27-2T
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios - Dead Board
    MB = EVGA X58 Classified3 e770
    GPU = 2x Sapphire r9 290x in xfire
    HD = 2x Toshiba 120GB Raid 0 (580MB Read/140MB Write)
    Storage = 2TB WD Black
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2011 Virtual Machine with 8GB ram assigned for homer server with exchange
    CPU = AMD 1090T
    Mem = 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston RED Limited Edition running at 1600Mhz
    MB = Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
    GPU- EVGA GT210
    HD = too many to count, but about 5TB of storage all together including backup
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Too embarrassed to mention.

Thread Information