Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-Z77X-UD5H odd behaviour when connecting Dell U3014 integrated USB3 hub/card reader

MrT0ad is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H odd behaviour when connecting Dell U3014 integrated USB3 hub/card reader

Quote Originally Posted by kantok View Post
    MrT0ad,

I appreciate your kindness! I could successfully update the FM.
    But as you said, it's not fully solved the
    problem though....

Vinster,

I can't find power option in the BIOS. But I agree the power (management?) may something to do with our
    problem.
    At the start of this board, i found i could not use 1.5m long usb cable.

I don't see it's focusing on the point, I got messages in the boot log on Mac OSX.

USBF: 1.355 AppleUSBHub[0xffffff80260b8800]::ConfigureHub(hub @ 0x14c20000) SetFeature(kUSBFeatureDeviceRemoteWakeup) failed. Error 0xe000404f
    USBF: 1.555 AppleUSBHub[0xffffff80260cd800]::ConfigureHub(hub @ 0x14c23000) SetFeature(kUSBFeatureDeviceRemoteWakeup) failed. Error 0xe000404f
    I've read somewhere that if you want to use this board for a Hackintosh you need to change the xHCI setting in BIOS from "Smart Auto" (default) to "Auto"

MrT0ad is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H odd behaviour when connecting Dell U3014 integrated USB3 hub/card reader

Little update on this...

Purchased a NEC/Renesas uPD720201 based PCIe card, connected the monitor, everything seemed fine except the issue with the keyboard (if I connected it to the red USB connectors the keyboard would not be enabled until the OS had loaded).

Changed the xHCI setting in BIOS from "Smart Auto" to "Auto" and this problem went away.

All problems solved now. Hopefully the USB 3.0 implementation in Haswell boards will be a bit less... hmmmm... quirky :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information