Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X58 ssd question

Default Re: X58 ssd question

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    done it yet?
    Waaaay to busy in the garden and on such a lovely day.

And I've got to get ready for Arma3 coop tonight, great tactical sim
    Last edited by Fawlty; 06-02-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Intel Core i7 930 Quad @ 3.5 GHz/Corsair H50 l Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R l Nvidia GTX 580 x 2sli | 2-1tb WD-BLK l Win7 pro 64 l Corsair HX 850 l Asus 27"1080p l CH-PT,FS,PP,TQ l TIR4w/TCP l G25 Racing Wheel

Default Re: X58 ssd question

changing the registry for the AHCI hack isn't going to cause you any issue, it's just a flag for windows when it starts to look for upgrades drivers when it doesn't find them installed already...

I had a system that I changed and it took me a few days to figure it out... all I did is restore the bios back to IDE and the system re-booted just fine...

Just a note, make sure you install the latest drivers for the chipset and the marvel controller because this trick only works if the driver is available in the system... if the drivers are not present (which happens on just a Windows install... it copies only the required drivers) you will get an 0x000000A7 (I think) BSOD...

if that happens go in the bios and change it back to IDE, reboot and install different drivers...

another possibility is to change the Registry, then the bios and pop in your Win7 install disk and perform a repair, have the drivers handy on a USB stick and then load in the storage drivers manually... that'll work too...

I've done it both ways and both worked fine, but just making sure you have the full driver pack installed before hand saved you a lot of trouble.

and SATA3 drives on the ICH10R controller in a RAID0 isn't that big of a bottleneck... yes you are not getting the 500mb/s per drive... but with 2-3 drives you can get 750mb/s+ on that controller....

It's the best on board controller out there that is only matched by $300+ dedicated RAID cards and they'll peak at 1GB/s as that is the top end that the PCIe lane can manage...

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win8.1
    CPU = i7-980X @ 4.17Ghz 144x29 cooled by custom Loop
    Mem = 12GB 2000Mhz corsair Dominator GT at 2010Mhz @ 9-10-9-27-2T
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios - Dead Board
    MB = EVGA X58 Classified3 e770
    GPU = 2x Sapphire r9 290x in xfire
    HD = 4x PNY 120GB Raid 0
    Storage = 2TB WD Black
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2011 Virtual Machine with 8GB ram assigned for homer server with exchange
    CPU = AMD 1090T
    Mem = 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston RED Limited Edition running at 1600Mhz
    MB = Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
    GPU- EVGA GT210
    HD = too many to count, but about 5TB of storage all together including backup
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Too embarrassed to mention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information