Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gigabyte X58-UD3R Rev 2 list of problems

Default Re: Gigabyte X58-UD3R Rev 2 list of problems

I got the sea Sonic 1kW. I am going to try all 6 slots of RAM when I get home tomorrow.

You will have to wait to send me any invoices profJim, I still have to do some testing and I had to sell my mailbox to afford the PSU.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Too funny!!

rclark is offline Member

[QUOTE=BTW rclark never paid his bill because my dog ate his invoice before I could send it.[/QUOTE]

Well I thought you would have forgot that part Professor---
    I did get your dog a case of doggie treats for eating the bill though---ha !!!

Unernooblet, I am really glad things are working !!! We sure have a cool group of pro's to help out here !!! To all of you, always know that you are all held in high regard on this side.

see you all later-- take care Professor --- rclark

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

@rclark
    Thanks for the kind words.
    It was a real pleasure working with you with your power supply problem.
    My only gripe is that you never showed up for the seven part UPS test to see how much you learned from reading the 14 page UPS article that I linked to in your thread. The funniest part was when you were so happy with your new power supply that you badly misspelled your name in a post.
    I'm impressed with how well Corsair treated you when you RMA'd your defective power supply.
    I've never heard anything positive about Seasonic's RMA process.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

rclark is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    @rclark
    Thanks for the kind words.
    It was a real pleasure working with you with your power supply problem.
    My only gripe is that you never showed up for the seven part UPS test to see how much you learned from reading the 14 page UPS article that I linked to in your thread. The funniest part was when you were so happy with your new power supply that you badly misspelled your name in a post.
    I'm impressed with how well Corsair treated you when you RMA'd your defective power supply.

I've never heard anything positive about Seasonic's RMA process.
    Hey Professor,
    Hmmm, in regards to that whole exam on UPS, I thought you let me skip through due to my first part of the exam---see below link ( go down to post 8 and 9 )
    Happy holidays !!
    Man--I don't forget stuff like this--- my head was hurting for weeks trying to learn this---ha !!!!
    It was funny where I had spelled my name wrong---I was a bit giddy riding that, "every thing works" ( euphoria ! )
    You know, it is funny, a few days after everything settled down and the pc was running great, I thought to myself, " Man, does this mean I won't get to bother and chat with you all ?? " I think I heard a faint violin in the far distance playing something in a E flat minor chord as this thought passed, small tear in left eye.
    I think I may try writing now--- ha !!!!
    take care Professor !!!! --rclark--

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check back in and let you know that it was indeed the PSU. I am having no problems now other than slow boot times. Thanks again!

rclark is offline Member

Hey that is great to hear Ubernooblet !!! I am glad things are running stable. Maybe someone can pitch in and help with slow boot time. I never was in a hurry for my pc to boot up, I just wanted it to boot up and run properly--ha !!!--
    As the Professor told me--these PSU's are just about the heart of the system, I really did not realize the importance of a good efficient psu such as you have now !!!
    take care ---rclark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information