Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would go Gigabyte again ?

Default Re: Who would go Gigabyte again ?

I am undecided. While at first had some generell stability problems with z77x-ud5h, now with F16C and BIOS Mods my PC runs just fine and stable. Though I guess a lot of stability improvements come from this community here - a big Cheers!! to them all!

Quote Originally Posted by sixor View Post
    i will go asus next time

way too many issues with z77x ud3h, crap via usb, crap lan, bios bugs, etc

and off course almost like 1 year without bios update, that is awesome gigabyte
    These are my thoughts as well, more or less.
    Asus has HORRIBLE web, sometimes/often horrible support, but it still beats Gigabyte not giving a damn about not even one year old boards anymore. Awesome hardware with super stable power delivery means nothing when the BIOS is sh...

You seem to have the same board as me. I do have some USB problems with it (I can't make Windows 7 setup to work unless I change some weird xHCI /or something/ settings I don't even understand at all). The LAN chip just works, not sure what more should I expect from it.
    I also have rev 1.1 of the board, which might, or might not have solved some of my stability problems.
    For me it's 90% about the BIOS ignorance. I am still on F18, because nothing newer works right (which is a huge shame, given the changes in later betas).

I have been using Gigabyte boards exclusively since 2002 or something. I guess I personally bought and installed probably 20 of them, for both myself and my family and friends. Apparently, it's time to jump the ship this time. /not impressed, Gigabyte!

DKT70 is offline Junior Member

Wouldn't touch the ****ING Garbage, EVER !!
    F.U.C.K. Gigabyte.
    The sheer hassle I have had with my ****e Z77 D3H board has made me use my desktop less and less, now using my laptop more and more.
    Daily issues of boot loops, BIOS failures causing the board to boot to the backup BIOS, USB failures - no ports working forcing me to switch off at the mains until they work, bizarre voltages in windows that simply bear no relation to the BIOS settings - -/+ voltage offset for example.

I'm skint at the moment, but I am looking at a Asus Z87 board which is currently going for the same price I paid for this D3H ****e.

Im dumping my OC as soon as the maximus formula comes out. I generally like to have my products supported for over 6 months.

1000moths is offline Junior Member

I'm tempted to jump ship to Asus too, it's a little disconcerting seeing the experience people with last gen boards are having, doesn't bode well for the future longevity of my board. I am also concerned that we've seen so many Beta BIOS but no sign of a stable release, that makes me think that GB just can't get it right.

My board has been relatively stable, but had a few experiences where I've had to reinstall Windows, had shutdown issues with drives connected to the Marvel controller, and on the latest Beta had all the fan headers just shut off until rebooted (and then unable to get back into the BIOS without a CMOS wipe).

Shame as I had really high hopes for this board, but I think i'm just going to sell whilst resale value is reasonable and go with a Maximus.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H BIOS v F6L
    16GB GeIL Dragon RAM PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel (2x8GB)
    Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.7ghz
    2 x EVGA 770GTX SC SLI
    2 x Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD (RAID0)
    2 x Hitachi 2TB HDD - (RAID1)
    XFX Pro Series 850w PSU
    Corsair Obsidian 900D
    Cooled with a custom 360 rad and EK Supremacy CSQ Clean block with 6 x Corsair SP120 Quiet fans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WillG027 is offline Junior Member

Gigabyte said themselves "updates were suspended for bios' whilst z87 was in development' or words to that effect.

That right there is why a lot of people are going to be leaving Gigabyte.
    You don't leave people blowing in the wind with a current generation board to go work on your next money maker.
    Shows where their focus is - and it's not on current loyal customers.

Best thing Gigabyte can do now is roll out continuous, frequent, up-to-date (Raid, microcode , ROMs) and bug free BIOS updates for existing boards back at least to the Z68's - and then, just maybe, Gigabyte wont see such a huge drove of enthusiasts leaving their brand for other companies that at least provide up to date bug free BIOS'.

I used Gigabyte for the past 3 years across 4 different boards. When my z77x-ud5h started to die I decided to just upgrade to Haswell, along with moving to a z87-pro.

So far my experience has been great. The Asus BIOS is by far so much better than any Gigabyte I have used previously.

parsec is offline Senior Member

My comments are neither for or against Gigabyte, or a commentary on the other posts in this thread. They are simply observations.

The last Gigabyte board I had (have) is a socket 775 board that still works fine and is used in a working PC in my household.

I have seen a significant amount of posts on this and other forums regarding the strange BIOS behavior of some newer Gigabyte boards.

OTOH, some of the longest threads in this forum are those dedicated to Gigabyte board usage, and they aren't complaint threads. Some very experienced PC enthusiasts post in those threads about their Gigabyte boards. They don't seem to be fighting with problems using those boards.

So who knows?

Apparently those people are not using Z77 boards. I never had a problem until now, really.

will_s is offline Junior Member

yes...was very comfortable with Gigabyte in the past but the last 3 mobos have giving me probs. One so bad( new ) I sold it and brough a later model that I also had probs with. Now I am having probs with my older 55 series mobo . Something wrong as it takes ages to load the ahci bios...

I think in these times its a case of getting them out there asap and let the customers do the testing. With desktops dropping in popularity for home users I guess its not the cash cow they once were and the first thing to suffer is reliability.

One more little note , I have no idea how reliable the other brands are but whatever I get next it will be a case of REVISION 2 .... they should actually call rev 1 mobos beta

I just want the boxes clearly labelled rev2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information