Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z87-UD5H and G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBMX issue

Default Re: Z87-UD5H and G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBMX issue

Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Hi, can you elaborate a bit? What would UEFI have to do w/ the issue on using 4 RAM's? Could this be a solution too for the UD3H board? Sorry, I haven't used UEFI yet as I'm just about to upgrade my old PC and been researching about a similar GB board that I'd like to get this week (Z87x-UD3H), w/c has similar issues. Thanks.
    Two different sets of firmware subsystems.
    UEFI is meant to replace BIOS, so it more complex. BIOS is old, simple and more developed.
    If I would you, I would of wait a little before upgrading now. I see too many issues with Z87 boards.

sherpa25 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by murzik View Post
    Two different sets of firmware subsystems.
    UEFI is meant to replace BIOS, so it more complex. BIOS is old, simple and more developed.
    If I would you, I would of wait a little before upgrading now. I see too many issues with Z87 boards.
    I see. I never saw UEFI yet, as my PC is still a EP45-D3L using BIOS, and I was already planning to upgrade this week. So what do you suggest, upgrade to another brand / socket / etc.?

Looks like I've got it to work by disabling UEFI options, switched to Legacy BIOS.
    At least it have not BSOD for whole day and memory runs with XMP profile enabled.
    Thank you all for support!
    I am a bit perplexed by this. What kind of UEFI options did you disable? And what effect does switching to legacy bios have? Isn't uefi and bios just interfaces, your commands are the same either way?

I see. I never saw UEFI yet, as my PC is still a EP45-D3L using BIOS, and I was already planning to upgrade this week. So what do you suggest, upgrade to another brand / socket / etc.?
    I suggest to wait, next chipset revision. By that time Intel fixes USB 3 wake-up issue and manufactures, hopefully, will fix all firmware issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GM74 View Post
    I am a bit perplexed by this. What kind of UEFI options did you disable? And what effect does switching to legacy bios have? Isn't uefi and bios just interfaces, your commands are the same either way?
    Not interfaces, but hardware abstraction layer.
    Basic Input/Output System (BIOS).
    UEFI is meant to replace BIOS. UEFI provides more functionality, it includes all Legacy BIOS functions and adds a lot of new..
    I am not saying that disabling UEFI is a solution for memory issues. It just happened to work for me.
    IMHO all memory and other issues people are having all because of motherboard firmware is not good enough.

sherpa25 is offline Junior Member

Not interfaces, but hardware abstraction layer.
    Basic Input/Output System (BIOS).
    UEFI is meant to replace BIOS. UEFI provides more functionality, it includes all Legacy BIOS functions and adds a lot of new..
    I am not saying that disabling UEFI is a solution for memory issues. It just happened to work for me.
    IMHO all memory and other issues people are having all because of motherboard firmware is not good enough.
    Yes, I understand you were just saying that it worked for you. How do you disable it, is there a function when entering BIOS at startup?

Do the IV's (Z77) also have similar issues? I was really bent on upgrading and speeding my PC, until seeing the issues. Thanks again.

Yes, I understand you were just saying that it worked for you. How do you disable it, is there a function when entering BIOS at startup?

Do the IV's (Z77) also have similar issues? I was really bent on upgrading and speeding my PC, until seeing the issues. Thanks again.
    Of course there are options in BIOS at startup.

I've no experience with Z77. I would not go for Z77 at this point. Z87 gives your more SATA 3 and USB 3 ports.

If you do go for upgrade just make sure or your hardware is on QVL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information