Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: UD3H reboot loop bugged board is preventing me from updating BIOS.

Default UD3H reboot loop bugged board is preventing me from updating BIOS.

So I ended up getting one of the UD3H boards that have the reboot loop. Reading some message boards say that the new BIOS fixes it, however I tried flashing via the @BIOS app utility that comes with the board and when the system reboots, it of course doesnt boot all the way and reboots before it posts to the BIOS. What then is happening I guess is that the update doesn't work, because now when i choose to enter the BIOS at startup, there is NOTHING there, just a blue screen that says UEFI BIOS at the top of the screen. Hitting F9 for system info also shows a blank screen. When Windows loads, on the System Utility DVD that came with the board, there is a "System" button that gives a brief overview of your system. The BIOS section shows a blank space.

If anyone has any clues on how to fix this I will kiss you. This board is proving to be a royal pain and is the epitome of why i hate upgrading my comp.

Default Re: UD3H reboot loop bugged board is preventing me from updating BIOS.

try envoking the backup bios to kick in

hold front panel power button in and flick on the psu power button at the back of pc and immidiatly flick it off soon as you see the boards lights or fans spin,

repeat this two times, on the last time flick the psu power switch on and leave on and release the front panel power button and let pc boot,you should see a message saying recovering main bios from backup bios,then you should be on a previous backup bios version
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    try envoking the backup bios to kick in

hold front panel power button in and flick on the psu power button at the back of pc and immidiatly flick it off soon as you see the boards lights or fans spin,

repeat this two times, on the last time flick the psu power switch on and leave on and release the front panel power button and let pc boot,you should see a message saying recovering main bios from backup bios,then you should be on a previous backup bios version
    Well.. The thing is this isnt going to help with installing a BIOS properly if its going to be rebooting everytime it attempts to do so.

no,the board has two bios chips,if its stuck in a reboot loop like your describing

then try and get the backup bios to kick in so that it recovers the main bios,then everything will run fine

ive had to do it once to my board in sig
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

no,the board has two bios chips,if its stuck in a reboot loop like your describing

then try and get the backup bios to kick in so that it recovers the main bios,then everything will run fine

ive had to do it once to my board in sig
    But what I am saying is, even if the second BIOS recovers the main BIOS, all its doing is getting me back to square one where I started from, and if I attempt to update the BIOS again, I'm going to come right back to where I am now.

Ok,I think I got mixed up somewhere

Has the board done this since you got it? Or was it booting fine into BIOS and windows until you flashed the BIOS? And now its looping?
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

Ok,I think I got mixed up somewhere

Has the board done this since you got it? Or was it booting fine into BIOS and windows until you flashed the BIOS? And now its looping?
    Yep was doing this since I got it, I found the problem though. Turns out 2 of my memory sticks were actually incompatible with the board and were the cause of the loop so this was not actually associated with the loop bug, it was just a bad coincidence. Whats an even bigger kick in the ass is that the board officially supports 3 other models of RAM from G-Skill but this model I have is ONE letter off from the other ones it does support. Ugh.

Anyway your trick with the switch flipping didnt work. I just manually flipped the second BIOS switch on the board but THAT was giving me problems as well because I had no mouse or keyboard control when the BIOS did come up on screen, so i had to keep rebooting and trying different USB slots till I got one that worked with the keyboard. I managed to update the BIOS finally using the Q-Flash and hoped maybe it'd support the memory sticks now, but nope. O well. Thanks for the help though.

yeah sorry, just didn't realise it was looping since you got it

as for memory any on the qvl list should work,you should be able to return that ram for exchange?
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

yeah sorry, just didn't realise it was looping since you got it

as for memory any on the qvl list should work,you should be able to return that ram for exchange?
    Nah that memory i got a while back, I'll probably sell it on Craigslist or something.

Thread Information