Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte Assassin 2 X79 Motherboard - Glitchy Sound - No Internet After Sleep - Windows 8

Unhappy Gigabyte Assassin 2 X79 Motherboard - Glitchy Sound - No Internet After Sleep - Windows 8

Hello everyone,

This is an issue I should have addressed months ago but I haven't had time to do it until now.

I have an Gigabyte Assasin 2 X79 Motherboard with Windows 8 and every time I wake up from sleep, the ethernet adapter disappears completely from network settings and I have to restart my computer (if not once, several times) to get a running internet connection again. I do not use the WIFI dongle that came with the motherboard. There are no power management options that allow me to mess with those settings. I have also updated BIOS with no luck. The Killer E2100 driver doesn't seem to have any updates since 2011. I have downloaded the software they have me use several times and it doesn't seem like the actual driver has been updated since 2011, only the software - which ALSO removes the Ethernet adapter from network settings if uninstalled.

This is starting to drive me up a wall, does anyone have any clue for how to fix this? Thanks

Part 2 -

Sometimes my sound will start glitching - it sounds like the bit rate just drops down to 8 bit, like in an old video game or something and I'll have to disable/re-enable in "sounds" in order to get proper working sound. I can't seem to find any drivers at all to update the sound card for this motherboard.

I have tried searching the forums - unless I am doing it wrong, I'm not getting any results.

Thanks again for the help,
    Peter

Default Re: Gigabyte Assassin 2 X79 Motherboard - Glitchy Sound - No Internet After Sleep - Windows 8

Hello?

Thread Information