Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-Z87X-UD3H - Issues with F6(any) bios

Default Re: GA-Z87X-UD3H - Issues with F6(any) bios

So far, still stable at 1333mhz on the memory. Running Unigine Valley Benchmark for over 30 mins now without any issues. Issues usually start 3-5 minutes after starting it.

So does that tell anyone any more info?

sherpa25 is offline Junior Member

How's it running so far in your machine? What 1333 RAMs are you using now that seems to work fine? From the GB forum, it seems the OP was able to make 4 sticks work so far running F5, but what's funny is the 4x4 he's using aren't even in the QVL :-O, while those that failed were in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    How's it running so far in your machine? What 1333 RAMs are you using now that seems to work fine? From the GB forum, it seems the OP was able to make 4 sticks work so far running F5, but what's funny is the 4x4 he's using aren't even in the QVL :-O, while those that failed were in the list.
    The 1333mhz's were this - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

I ran the G.Skill -
    F3-12800cl9q-16gbxl 4x4GB which were on the QVL and they wouldn't run at 1600mhz at all, totally unstable. So I returned those and went with Corsair - CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9 2x8GB 1866mhz on the QVL - 100% stable.

So it's obvious to me based on my experience and the ton of other threads around the net, that this board cannot run 4x sticks at 1600mhz without being unstable. It's either an issue with the hardware or a BIOS fix may correct it in the future. But for now I am happy with 16GB and will just leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by xendrome View Post
    The 1333mhz's were this - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

I ran the G.Skill -
    F3-12800cl9q-16gbxl 4x4GB which were on the QVL and they wouldn't run at 1600mhz at all, totally unstable. So I returned those and went with Corsair - CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9 2x8GB 1866mhz on the QVL - 100% stable.

So it's obvious to me based on my experience and the ton of other threads around the net, that this board cannot run 4x sticks at 1600mhz without being unstable. It's either an issue with the hardware or a BIOS fix may correct it in the future. But for now I am happy with 16GB and will just leave it be.
    Glad to hear that, xendrome. I was planning on using GSkill F3-1600C9D-16GXM (2x8gb), and although different from your F3-12800cl9q-16gbxl (4x4GB), I might just change them to like what you got: CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9 (2x8GB), though more expensive.

BTW, do you have a cpu cooler? Just wondering if you do, how the Corsairs fit under the cooler, don't they hit the fan (as I plan to use a 212)? Noticed the Corsairs are quite high.

Also, are you now on F6 (which variant)? Wondering why in the Asia link, it has F6h, F6k, F6i, don't know the difference.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 07-18-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Glad to hear that, xendrome. I was planning on using GSkill F3-1600C9D-16GXM (2x8gb), and although different from your F3-12800cl9q-16gbxl (4x4GB), I might just change them to like what you got: CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9 (2x8GB), though more expensive.

BTW, do you have a cpu cooler? Just wondering if you do, how the Corsairs fit under the cooler, don't they hit the fan (as I plan to use a 212)? Noticed the Corsairs are quite high.

Also, are you now on F6 (which variant)? Wondering why in the Asia link, it has F6h, F6k, F6i, don't know the difference.
    I am using F5 and 100% stable, I guess F6 went final today, have not tested it yet, but people are already reporting BSODs still on those BIOSs.

I am using the 212 EVO and all 4 sticks fit, the stick closest to the CPU cooler does touch the fan, but you can wiggle the fan a little bit and get it to fit without much snugness.

I am using F5 and 100% stable, I guess F6 went final today, have not tested it yet, but people are already reporting BSODs still on those BIOSs.
    Fwiw, since I am the one who reported it, I ve got 32gb of memory specced to run at 2400 mhz and 10-12-12-31. With those settings, I ve been getting BSOD throughout even with F6.

I managed to run it a day without BSOD but after dropping it at 2166 mhz and auto timings (which were pretty loose).

No other overclocking or tinkering on my end.

There's another issue I noticed with F6 though. I cannot enter bios with my wireless HP keyboard. I just tested and I can easily get on the backup version which is F3, so I would appreciate it if Gigabyte took a look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by GM74 View Post
    Fwiw, since I am the one who reported it, I ve got 32gb of memory specced to run at 2400 mhz and 10-12-12-31. With those settings, I ve been getting BSOD throughout even with F6.

I managed to run it a day without BSOD but after dropping it at 2166 mhz and auto timings (which were pretty loose).

There's another issue I noticed with F6 though. I cannot enter bios with my wireless HP keyboard. I just tested and I can easily get on the backup version which is F3, so I would appreciate it if Gigabyte took a look into this.
    So you're running on 4x8Gb sticks? Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by GM74 View Post

To get your HP keyboard to work play with XHCI mode in BIOS. you want your port switched to USB 2 mode.
    Try Disable or manual.

Quote Originally Posted by murzik View Post
    To get your HP keyboard to work play with XHCI mode in BIOS. you want your port switched to USB 2 mode.
    Try Disable or manual.
    Thank you, I was not aware of that. I tried something else in between that perhaps was the cause of my particular problem. I had a PCI-Express card that gave me USB 2.0 ports; when I removed it, the wireless keyboard started working just fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information