Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte z77x-ud3h boot loop

Default Re: Gigabyte z77x-ud3h boot loop

Quote Originally Posted by Selo135 View Post
    Hi,

I have a very similar problem to this with a

Hi, my MoBo is stuck on a boot loop.
    First the M-Bios LED lights up, it gets till code 69 and restarts.
    Then B-Bios LED lights up, it goes through a bunch of codes, the last 3 are
    A9
    A6
    Then code "db"
    I see the bios LED switch back to M-Bios and then it goes back to B-Bios for a fraction of a second until it shuts of again.
    Then this whole thing starts from the beginning and keeps going on and on indefinitely.

This started happening out of a sudden after the computer getting stuck on a restart and I having to turn it off manually couple of times.
    Before this loop started I got a bios screen that asked me if I would like to load the default settings. I did, the computer started fine.
    At the next reboot this loop started happening.

I took out everything except the CPU, a USB keyboard and a USB wireless mouse.
    The strange thing is that when it boots to B-Bios I get a black screen with a cursor briefly but it takes no keyboard commands.

I'm wondering how to do this:

PHP Code:
    I tried force bios update (pressing power button and disabling/enabling psu power) and it worked
    Maybe it sounds like a really stupid question but could someone tell me how long I have to hold the power button etc?
    There are also reset buttons on this specific mobo, which I tried pressing and holding at no avail.
    I also unplugged power, took out the battery and did all that ... :(

dont forget that your boards have a bios switch.

can switch that to the second bios and the bios should kick in after a couple tries. and then it should bring up a message asking you if you want to recover the bios.

all the boards of this model seems to have problems with the bios getting corrupted.

and the recovery instruction are strange.

because when I booted in my backup bios, it detected the main bios corrupted and then it ask me to proceed with reflashing it. but first it told me to move the bios switch back over to the main bios before flashing while the system is still running and then start the process.

I thought that would of been bad for it. but it worked after that.

Selo135 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dskiller View Post
    dont forget that your boards have a bios switch.

can switch that to the second bios and the bios should kick in after a couple tries. and then it should bring up a message asking you if you want to recover the bios.

all the boards of this model seems to have problems with the bios getting corrupted.

and the recovery instruction are strange.

because when I booted in my backup bios, it detected the main bios corrupted and then it ask me to proceed with reflashing it. but first it told me to move the bios switch back over to the main bios before flashing while the system is still running and then start the process.

I thought that would of been bad for it. but it worked after that.
    Yes, apparently it does! :) I realized that a few hours after writing this. Because I saw the LED go back and fourth, I didn't even think about looking for it ... -_-
    And yes you are right, the recovery process is not very uniform across the board.
    After I flicked the switch, the B-Bios booted up just fine. Since there is no volume connected it took me to it's settings page.
    What I want to do is to flash the Main using the Backup. I found out from other threads that CTRL+F10 brings up a tool just for that but the tool's prompts didn't tell me which way the cloning was going to go. From Backup to Main or Main to Backup so fearing I'd corrupt my Backup as well, I haven't yet had the courage to say "continue". I'll take some screenshots later, perhaps move this to another thread even at one point just to create a "guide" for people who are having the same problem.
    But to give you an idea, the tool boots up after CTRL+F10.
    First it said something like "reading Main BIOS" that progress bar went all the way.
    Then it said "reading Backup BIOS" and that progress bar went all the way too.
    The next prompt is about "starting recovery" but again there is no indication which way it's going to go.
    If I can muster up the courage :) then maybe on the next screen it'll ask me just that.
    What I'm afraid is that it won't and just copy M to B.
    So that's where I'm at. If anyone has been through this tool, that'd be huge helps because no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find a step by step guide or video where someone used this tool to do exactly what I'm doing where the tool doesn't see a corrupt BIOS.

My other question is about the other switch, Dual vs Single BIOS switch. Does it matter where that's at?
    Too bad the manual only says what these switches are but doesn't contain recovery instructions ...

Selo135 is offline Junior Member

OK attached is what is worrying me.
    The tool is asking whether I want to "swap" the main with the backup, which is definitely not something I want to do.
    I just want to flash the main with the backup.
    What do you guys/girls think the solution is here?
    Gigabyte z77x-ud3h boot loop-img_20160919_185817-jpg

Iv registered only to help the others with the same problem - corrupted main bios on z77x-ud3h. this worked for me when i was unable to boot from M_BIOS and when stuck with B_BIOS

1. Switch to B_BIOS
    2. Boot to BIOS
    3. Insert flash drive with BIOS file
    4. Enter Q-FLASH
    5. Flip the switch from B_BIOS to M_BIOS
    6. Flash

Now you should have both bioses working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information