Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Im using windows 7 64bit, i downloaded and installed the:

    Intel Management Engine Interface
    Intel INF installation
    Intel USB 3.0 Driver

    when i first built the system, i have also installed the latest USB3 driver on the gigabyte site, but i dont think the other 2 drivers listed above have been updated since i built this system.

    Is there any other drivers i need to install?
    | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H | INTEL i7-4770K @ 4.7Ghz |
    | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600MHz | MSI HD7950 3GB XFIRE |
    | 64GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD | 256GB CRUCIAL M4 SSD | WD 3TB GREEN |
    | CORSAIR 650D CASE | YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED |.

  2. #12
    boondocks's Avatar
    boondocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Live Oak, Florida
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Wish I had a way to test the speeds on mine for you, but I don't have any external USB 3.0 devices. I use those 2x USB ports for my printer and RF KB/mouse. For what I use them for they work fine.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

    Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

    SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K


  3. #13
    sherpa25 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
    Im using windows 7 64bit, i downloaded and installed the:

    Intel Management Engine Interface
    Intel INF installation
    Intel USB 3.0 Driver

    when i first built the system, i have also installed the latest USB3 driver on the gigabyte site, but i dont think the other 2 drivers listed above have been updated since i built this system.

    Is there any other drivers i need to install?
    Although I have the UD3H, I 'think' we have the same USB ports, from what I understood in profJim's post of the UD5H's specs in page 1. If that's the case, they all should be USB3.0.

    Have you tried installing the latest USB 3.0 drivers posted in http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html? Though I noticed there are 2 Renesas USB3 drivers there, I didn't install those, but rather this: intel_usb3_2.5.0.19-w7.7z for the Intel® 8/C220 Series. Seems to work fine on my set.
    Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF (BIOS: F10)
    Intel i5-4670k (@4.2)
    GSkill (2x8GB) @1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.50v (F3-1600C9D-16GXM)
    CM 212X CPU Cooler
    MSI GTX970 4GB
    Plextor PX-128M5P 128Gb SSD (Win7-x64)
    Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 2TB HDD
    WDC WD5000AAKX 500GB HDD
    Lite-On iHES112 BD-ROM
    LG Flatron IPS234V
    XFX 650W CE

    Cougar Volant Case
    Logitech DFGT/G27

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Although I have the UD3H, I 'think' we have the same USB ports, from what I understood in profJim's post of the UD5H's specs in page 1. If that's the case, they all should be USB3.0.

    Have you tried installing the latest USB 3.0 drivers posted in http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html? Though I noticed there are 2 Renesas USB3 drivers there, I didn't install those, but rather this: intel_usb3_2.5.0.19-w7.7z for the Intel® 8/C220 Series. Seems to work fine on my set.
    I tried installing 'Renesas µPD720201/2 USB 3.0 Driver 3.0.23.0' and whilst this hasn't cured the 2 USB3 on the I/O panel it has fixed the USB3 header connection on the actual mobo, i was using this to connect up 2 front USB3 ports i have on my Corsair 650D case which was give me the same problem as the 2 rear ports. So thats half my problem solved now just if i could get these 2 rear ports to comply!.

    Any ideas what the 'Renesas µPD720200 USB 3.0 Driver 2.1.39.0' driver is?, is it just an older version of the 'Renesas µPD720201/2 USB 3.0 Driver 3.0.23.0'?? Gigabyte should really add these Renesas drivers to there download page aswell and not just the intel ones which they currently have up there

    EDIT: It would appear after a restart of the system that the USB3 ports on the case are NOT actually working USB3 mode after all BUGGER!!!!
    Last edited by BlockABoots; 08-06-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H | INTEL i7-4770K @ 4.7Ghz |
    | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600MHz | MSI HD7950 3GB XFIRE |
    | 64GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD | 256GB CRUCIAL M4 SSD | WD 3TB GREEN |
    | CORSAIR 650D CASE | YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED |.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Hmmm on looking closer at profjim's post on the previous page the Renesas USB controller is a upd720210....

    µPD720210 | Renesas Electronics America

    According to them this device only supports 4 ports not 6!!!!....so Gigabyte are talking out of there arse!!!
    | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H | INTEL i7-4770K @ 4.7Ghz |
    | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600MHz | MSI HD7950 3GB XFIRE |
    | 64GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD | 256GB CRUCIAL M4 SSD | WD 3TB GREEN |
    | CORSAIR 650D CASE | YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED |.

  6. #16
    sherpa25 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
    I tried installing 'Renesas µPD720201/2 USB 3.0 Driver 3.0.23.0' and whilst this hasn't cured the 2 USB3 on the I/O panel it has fixed the USB3 header connection on the actual mobo, i was using this to connect up 2 front USB3 ports i have on my Corsair 650D case which was give me the same problem as the 2 rear ports. So thats half my problem solved now just if i could get these 2 rear ports to comply!.

    Any ideas what the 'Renesas µPD720200 USB 3.0 Driver 2.1.39.0' driver is?, is it just an older version of the 'Renesas µPD720201/2 USB 3.0 Driver 3.0.23.0'?? Gigabyte should really add these Renesas drivers to there download page aswell and not just the intel ones which they currently have up there

    EDIT: It would appear after a restart of the system that the USB3 ports on the case are NOT actually working USB3 mode after all BUGGER!!!!
    What speeds are you getting, or what is your reference that they're not working as USB3? Which ports are working now and w/c are not?
    I've got to retest my USB3 ports again to see their transfer rates, because I never installed the Renesas drivers


    Quote Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
    Hmmm on looking closer at profjim's post on the previous page the Renesas USB controller is a upd720210....

    µPD720210 | Renesas Electronics America

    According to them this device only supports 4 ports not 6!!!!....so Gigabyte are talking out of there arse!!!
    I believe there are 2 hubs, each handling 4 ports, for a total of 8 (6 at the back, 2 through internal header near the front panel header). The remaining 2 ports are handled by the Intel internal header near the DIMMs.
    Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF (BIOS: F10)
    Intel i5-4670k (@4.2)
    GSkill (2x8GB) @1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.50v (F3-1600C9D-16GXM)
    CM 212X CPU Cooler
    MSI GTX970 4GB
    Plextor PX-128M5P 128Gb SSD (Win7-x64)
    Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 2TB HDD
    WDC WD5000AAKX 500GB HDD
    Lite-On iHES112 BD-ROM
    LG Flatron IPS234V
    XFX 650W CE

    Cougar Volant Case
    Logitech DFGT/G27

  7. #17
    sherpa25 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
    Any ideas what the 'Renesas µPD720200 USB 3.0 Driver 2.1.39.0' driver is?, is it just an older version of the 'Renesas µPD720201/2 USB 3.0 Driver 3.0.23.0'?? Gigabyte should really add these Renesas drivers to there download page aswell and not just the intel ones which they currently have up there
    I think that's for a different hub, w/c is only for 2 ports, while the µPD720200 is for 4 ports. Not sure if they'll work.
    Renesas USB 3.0 drivers for Windows
    Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF (BIOS: F10)
    Intel i5-4670k (@4.2)
    GSkill (2x8GB) @1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.50v (F3-1600C9D-16GXM)
    CM 212X CPU Cooler
    MSI GTX970 4GB
    Plextor PX-128M5P 128Gb SSD (Win7-x64)
    Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 2TB HDD
    WDC WD5000AAKX 500GB HDD
    Lite-On iHES112 BD-ROM
    LG Flatron IPS234V
    XFX 650W CE

    Cougar Volant Case
    Logitech DFGT/G27

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    What speeds are you getting, or what is your reference that they're not working as USB3? Which ports are working now and w/c are not?
    I've got to retest my USB3 ports again to see their transfer rates, because I never installed the Renesas drivers

    I believe there are 2 hubs, each handling 4 ports, for a total of 8 (6 at the back, 2 through internal header near the front panel header). The remaining 2 ports are handled by the Intel internal header near the DIMMs.
    Im not 100% sure on what a good method for testing speeds is? Is there a good program to test for speeds??

    When i plug my Western Digital My Passport USB HHD (USB3.0) in i get the task bar message...

    "This USB Mass Storage Device can transfer info faster if you connect to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 port"

    So thats what im basing it on not working in USB3 mode, i dont get this message if i plug this USB HHD into the 4 lower USB3 sockets on the I/O panel, just if i plug it into the 2 top (near the PS/2 ports) and the front USB3 ports of the case (which are connected up to the USB3 header on the mobo)
    | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H | INTEL i7-4770K @ 4.7Ghz |
    | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600MHz | MSI HD7950 3GB XFIRE |
    | 64GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD | 256GB CRUCIAL M4 SSD | WD 3TB GREEN |
    | CORSAIR 650D CASE | YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED |.

  9. #19
    sherpa25 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
    Im not 100% sure on what a good method for testing speeds is? Is there a good program to test for speeds??

    When i plug my Western Digital My Passport USB HHD (USB3.0) in i get the task bar message...

    "This USB Mass Storage Device can transfer info faster if you connect to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 port"

    So thats what im basing it on not working in USB3 mode, i dont get this message if i plug this USB HHD into the 4 lower USB3 sockets on the I/O panel, just if i plug it into the 2 top (near the PS/2 ports) and the front USB3 ports of the case (which are connected up to the USB3 header on the mobo)
    Oh, ok. I thought you were basing it from slow speed transfers. Can you test copying file(s), say around 4GB total size, then when you copy, open the 'Copying' window click on More details to see the estimate speed. I did this for all my 6 rear and 1 front case USB3 ports (front USB3 is connected to the Renesas header near the front panel header), and they're averaging like 85MB/s (actually starts faster, above 150MB/s, then slows down to around 80MB/s). Note that this was WITH AND WITHOUT the Renesas USB3.0 drivers (which I just installed today and retested copying) so I'm not sure if the Renesas drivers are actually necessary.

    Also, since there are 2 internal headers, can you also try plugging in the front port to the other USB3 header and test? Intel is the one near the DIMMs and Renesas near the front panel header.
    Can you perhaps post a screenshot how your Device Manager looks like, with USB expanded? OTOH, not sure if it would help though, since the driver versions won't be seen.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 08-07-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF (BIOS: F10)
    Intel i5-4670k (@4.2)
    GSkill (2x8GB) @1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.50v (F3-1600C9D-16GXM)
    CM 212X CPU Cooler
    MSI GTX970 4GB
    Plextor PX-128M5P 128Gb SSD (Win7-x64)
    Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 2TB HDD
    WDC WD5000AAKX 500GB HDD
    Lite-On iHES112 BD-ROM
    LG Flatron IPS234V
    XFX 650W CE

    Cougar Volant Case
    Logitech DFGT/G27

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues

    I wasnt aware there was 2 USB3 headers lol. I did have it plugged into the Renesas header (near the USB2 headers). I have now move it to the intel header near the ram slots as suggested, i then uninstalled all USB3 driver i saw in the add/remove list with CP (intel and Renesas), restarted PC and just installed the USB3 drivers from the Gigabyte page yet i still get the message saying, "This USB Mass Storage Device can transfer info faster if you connect to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 port".

    Here is what my device manager window looks like....

    GA-Z87-UD5H. USB3.0 onboard Header Issues-usb3-jpg

    Also have noticed since installing the USB3 drivers that every time i start windows i get this window pop up........

    Attachment 6109
    Last edited by BlockABoots; 08-07-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H | INTEL i7-4770K @ 4.7Ghz |
    | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600MHz | MSI HD7950 3GB XFIRE |
    | 64GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD | 256GB CRUCIAL M4 SSD | WD 3TB GREEN |
    | CORSAIR 650D CASE | YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED |.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •