Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)




  1. #1
    NLW is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    15

    Exclamation GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    In my current Bios version F3t, I have setup my drives as follow:
    - 2 SSD OCZ Raid(0) Intel Rapid Storage (Main with OS)
    - 3 HDDs WD Raid(5) with 64GB SSD (intel smart response Technology)
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I Flashed my GA-X79-UP4 from F3t to F3xwith @Bios. So far so good.

    <o:p></o:p>

    First Time:
    After reboot the Bios identifies my individual drives (under tab Peripherals):

    So I changed the following settings in the (F3x)Bios:
    First optimized settings then
    - Intel Sata controller mode = Raid
    - Intel Rapid Storage technology = iRST
    - Intel I/OAT = enabled.
    - Full Screen LOGO Show = Disabled (to see the raid configuration at startup).<o:p></o:p>

    And Reboot

    After reboot I expected the raid drives to be visible.
    And in tab 'BIOS Features' I expected the Raid configured drives to be visible.
    but they were not.
    And when booting, the system tells me there are no boot drives installed???<o:p></o:p>

    “Reboot and Select proper Boot device…”

    So, after this firs attempt I went back to F3t.
    I didn’t want to mess-up my storage configuration.
    I changed the above settings, and my F3t Bios works like a charm.


    <o:p></o:p>

    After this I updated the Bios to F3u. No problems there. Worksthe same like F3t.
    Last edited by NLW; 08-25-2013 at 08:34 PM.

  2. #2
    NLW is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology) Second attempt…

    Second attempt…
    I first Updated the Bios to F3x with @Bios and after that I Re-Updated (F3x) with Q-Flash.

    I changed the settings:
    First optimized settings then
    - Intel Sata controller mode = Raid
    - Intel Rapid Storage technology = iRST
    - Intel I/OAT = enabled.
    - Full Screen LOGO Show = Disabled (to see the raid configuration at startup).
    And Reboot

    Now I saw an extra feature at the bottom of the Peripherals tab. “Intel Rapid Storage Technology”.
    It tells me that the 2 SSD Raid(0) drives are Bootable,
    but the other drives are Incompatible???
    Again these drives are working together as (intel Smart Response technology).


    After Reboot I saw the Intel Rapid Storage Technology splash-screen.
    But only the boot drives were OK. I even get into Windows.

    I though. The locations of the properties ‘Intel I/AOT’ and ‘Intel VT-d’ where changed( The new location is more logic, I think) maybe its only a tkst change of the buttons.
    So I selected ‘Intel VT-d’ as well.
    And Rebooted. No change…


    But now (After the VT-d adventure) the extra feature “Intel Rapid Storage Technology”(iRST) is gone.
    even after changing back the VT-d setting???

    After a couple attempts (reboots as well) the extra feature was back.
    And even though the drives are bootable (in this iRST screen), the system won’t start any more.
    same old info “Reboot and Select proper Boot device…”.

    So I went back to F3u, and everything is ok again..

    I Compared the versions of the iRST splash-screens, but they were the same. (11.6.0.1702)
    So expect that he problem is somewhere else.

    In the iRST screen under tab Pheripherals, the WD drives have the status of incompatible.
    But if I select them, I can reset them to non-Raid. So they were indeed identified as riad drives??
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)-img_4424-jpg 

  3. #3
    NLW is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    The Intel Rapid Storage Technology splash-screen. after downgrade to BIOS F3u.
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)-img_4432-jpg 

  4. #4
    rharrison is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    Hi,

    I believe the problem you are having could possibly be a result of the new BIOS F3X having an incompatible module added to it.

    I took the BIOS from F3U and modified it again by adding Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.7.0.1049, then removing Intel UEFI SataDriver 12.7.0.1936, which, according to this page: Intel EFI "SataDriver"/"GopDriver" BIOS Modules is for For Intel 6-8 Series chipsets except X79.

    If this succeeds to resolve your problem I could try to modify F3X again for you in the same way.

    X79UP4_mod-rharrison.zip (3.6 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!OMJzVBqZ!H3YLjV...qN7dEWwmGLikoY

  5. #5
    NLW is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    Quote Originally Posted by rharrison View Post
    Hi,

    I believe the problem you are having could possibly be a result of the new BIOS F3X having an incompatible module added to it.

    I took the BIOS from F3U and modified it again by adding Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.7.0.1049, then removing Intel UEFI SataDriver 12.7.0.1936, which, according to this page: Intel EFI "SataDriver"/"GopDriver" BIOS Modules is for For Intel 6-8 Series chipsets except X79.

    If this succeeds to resolve your problem I could try to modify F3X again for you in the same way.

    X79UP4_mod-rharrison.zip (3.6 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!OMJzVBqZ!H3YLjV...qN7dEWwmGLikoY
    Hi rharrison,
    Thanks for your time.
    Your mod is still with the Intel UEFI SataDriver 12.7.0.1936 and it Works on my machine....

    But..
    Yesterday 'stasio' placed a new Updated Bios F4b.
    I will try that one now. and will report later..
    Again Thanks!
    Last edited by NLW; 09-01-2013 at 01:04 AM.

  6. #6
    NLW is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    Did Try to update My GA-X79-UP4 to F4b..
    Hopefully this one its more compatible with my Intel Smart Response Technology setup, like F3u and prior.

    But there is no way I can install this version.
    • Q-Flas in Bios F3u (and also in F3x) is outdated;
    • @Bios 2.28-B12.0723.1 is outdated (Run as Administrator, I get the error right after selecting the file)
    • And Efiflash (version V0.36 date 08-07-2012) is outdated??


    So at the moment, I’m out of options…

  7. #7
    rharrison is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    Quote Originally Posted by NLW View Post
    Did Try to update My GA-X79-UP4 to F4b..
    Hopefully this one its more compatible with my Intel Smart Response Technology setup, like F3u and prior.

    But there is no way I can install this version.
    • Q-Flas in Bios F3u (and also in F3x) is outdated;
    • @Bios 2.28-B12.0723.1 is outdated (Run as Administrator, I get the error right after selecting the file)
    • And Efiflash (version V0.36 date 08-07-2012) is outdated??


    So at the moment, I’m out of options…
    NLW,

    I checked the modded bios I uploaded previously, if you open in Aptio MMTool, scroll down to SataDriver and extract the module (without OROM options enabled) - then following the same procedure on F3X by stasio, you will see they are different (because of the filesize).

    It may appear different because I used the module from Fernando's Win-RAID Forum. So you may still wish to consider trying it out with F3X, let me know if you do.

    https://mega.co.nz/#!9UMG2J5L!Tayl8h...hFp4Ubgn5rSd3w
    Last edited by rharrison; 09-02-2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added link to Module added.

  8. #8
    NLW is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-X79-UP4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    Quote Originally Posted by rharrison View Post
    NLW,

    I checked the modded bios I uploaded previously, if you open in Aptio MMTool, scroll down to SataDriver and extract the module (without OROM options enabled) - then following the same procedure on F3X by stasio, you will see they are different (because of the filesize).

    It may appear different because I used the module from Fernando's Win-RAID Forum. So you may still wish to consider trying it out with F3X, let me know if you do.

    https://mega.co.nz/#!9UMG2J5L!Tayl8h...hFp4Ubgn5rSd3w
    Hi rharrison,
    Yes and no.

    At the moment I want to inform Gigabyte, that there new Beta Bios(F3x) is not working correctly.
    I Can’t install the Bios F4b. So I do’t know if the problemis corrected.

    If you can update the F3x Bios with the correct iRST ROM,Than it should working correctly, i Think ;)
    The driver you sent me, is that a ROM update or Driver?
    (My Raid Driver version is 12.8.0.1016. and Rom Version is 11.6.0.1702..)

    And I’m using the iRST intel Raid driver not the RSTe driver.<o:p></o:p>

    Thanks
    Last edited by NLW; 09-02-2013 at 04:43 AM.

  9. #9
    NLW is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    The problems went from bad to worse.

    Finely installed Bios F4. From the Gigabyte website.
    Installed F4 with Efiflash. I saw that it installs on main and the Backup Bios???
    The incompatibility with the Intel smart Response Technology remains.

    But now there is no way back to Bios version F3u..
    The bios image is outdated. They are kidding me!!..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: GA-X79-U4 BIOS F3x Problem (Intel smart response Technology)

    FTK v0.9.6.1 Grab that, make a bootable USB with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 using these files Win98SE_bootdisk.iso extracted to a folder like a zip file, put the FTK files and F3u BIOS on it, boot from it, go to the directory with the FTK files and BIOS, and type fpt -bios -f biosname.f3u. Shut down when complete and you'll have F3u again.
    Last edited by MacG32; 10-08-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •