Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: z77x-UD3H Keyboard & P/S2 port issues

Default z77x-UD3H Keyboard & P/S2 port issues

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing some odd behavior with my motherboard, specifically with regards to my keyboard presses. For example, I have this annoying "bug" where a movement key(WASD) on the keyboard is being held down(while in-game), yet I'm not pressing the key. To "unstick" the key, I have to press the key down. The second issue is where I'm using the movement keys(once again WASD) in a fast manner and let's say for example I press A, D, A, and then D again. On the fourth input, whether it be A or D, it will press the opposite key(repeating the key press immediately before it) thus making my character go in the opposite direction of what I was intending. I figured this was an issue with the keyboard, so I purchased a new one of the same type(different revision- Logitech K120), yet the problem still persists. Through my troubleshooting process, I attempted to connect the KB via P/S2, but not even my P/S2 port is working. No lights on the keyboard are lit while connected to the P/S2 port and neither does my mouse work via P/S2 as well. This has led me to believe that this is an issue with my motherboard(RMA?), rather than my mouse/kb. Any insight into what may be causing this would be very much appreciated.

My BIOS version is F17

Thank you.
    Last edited by babyburke; 10-06-2013 at 11:58 PM.

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Default Re: z77x-UD3H Keyboard & P/S2 port issues

Quote Originally Posted by babyburke View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm experiencing some odd behavior with my motherboard, specifically with regards to my keyboard presses. For example, I have this annoying "bug" where a movement key(WASD) on the keyboard is being held down(while in-game), yet I'm not pressing the key. To "unstick" the key, I have to press the key down. The second issue is where I'm using the movement keys(once again WASD) in a fast manner and let's say for example I press A, D, A, and then D again. On the fourth input, whether it be A or D, it will press the opposite key(repeating the key press immediately before it) thus making my character go in the opposite direction of what I was intending. I figured this was an issue with the keyboard, so I purchased a new one of the same type(different revision- Logitech K120), yet the problem still persists. Through my troubleshooting process, I attempted to connect the KB via P/S2, but not even my P/S2 port is working. No lights on the keyboard are lit while connected to the P/S2 port and neither does my mouse work via P/S2 as well. This has led me to believe that this is an issue with my motherboard(RMA?), rather than my mouse/kb. Any insight into what may be causing this would be very much appreciated.

My BIOS version is F17

Thank you.
    Hi, F17 !!! before RMA your MB why didn't you try BIOS F20c or modded F20c ?

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Hi, F17 !!! before RMA your MB why didn't you try BIOS F20c or modded F20c ?
    I wasn't even aware that F20 existed as the official GB site lists F19e as the latest bios version. Is it a closed beta version? Are there notes of what features were added/changed? I'll update my bios and see if that does any good. Thank you very much for the suggestion!

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by babyburke View Post
    I wasn't even aware that F20 existed as the official GB site lists F19e as the latest bios version. Is it a closed beta version? Are there notes of what features were added/changed? I'll update my bios and see if that does any good. Thank you very much for the suggestion!
    Yes it's a closed beta (but according to me it's the best BIOS for Z77X-UD3H) from our famous and gorgeous Stasio ! Also you can read some positive feedback about F20c mod.
    Hoping your keyboard works better with this

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Yes it's a closed beta (but according to me it's the best BIOS for Z77X-UD3H) from our famous and gorgeous Stasio ! Also you can read some positive feedback about F20c mod.
    Hoping your keyboard works better with this
    Awesome stuff. I'll report back, hopefully with some good news. Thanks again!

Thread Information