Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12

    Default GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Hi guys, I can't get this ram to work with my motherboard. Is there a solution or am I SOL?

    Specs:
    i7 3770k stock
    Gigabyte Z77XUD3H
    Gigabyte 7970 OC 3GB stock
    Ram: 4x4 of MV-3V4G3D/US Samsung 30nm Greens
    PSU: PCP&C/Seasonic 600 Watt
    OS: Win7Pro 64

    Ram all memtests perfectly in 3 computers I have tried. It works perfect in my Asrock Z77E ITX but it cannot run in my GA Z77X-UD3H. Symptoms are inconsistent boot loops, failure to overclock or underclock or change timings or allow any adjustment of ram without complete destabilization. Processor has been reverted to stock. I have tested a Xeon 1230v2 in same board with ram and same conclusion. I own 7 modules of this ram and it all does it. All 7 dimms have been memtested for hours no problems with the latest 5.0 memtest usb boot. I am getting random BSODS. System will fail to post and loops 15/51 codes I think. Only modes I can get to work are 1600 11 11 28 which BSODS and 2000 mhz 10 10 10 28 1.5v which randomly doesn't boot/boot loops. It also likes to default to 1600 7-13-13-38 or something like that which is not JEDEC.

    Put in my Kingston Hyper X Blacks 2x8 16gb and no problems. I know its the ram because it happens specifically with this ram only. The plan was to upgrade to this memory and sell my Blacks.

    I have tried bios's f16, f18, f19e.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I like this motherboard and do not want to go back to Asus.
    Last edited by Vario; 10-16-2013 at 01:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Teddybehr's Avatar
    Teddybehr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Quote Originally Posted by Vario View Post
    Hi guys, I can't get this ram to work with my motherboard. Is there a solution or am I SOL?

    Specs:
    i7 3770k stock
    Gigabyte Z77XUD3H
    Gigabyte 7970 OC 3GB stock
    Ram: 4x4 of MV-3V4G3D/US Samsung 30nm Greens
    PSU: PCP&C/Seasonic 600 Watt
    OS: Win7Pro 64

    Ram all memtests perfectly in 3 computers I have tried. It works perfect in my Asrock Z77E ITX but it cannot run in my GA Z77X-UD3H. Symptoms are inconsistent boot loops, failure to overclock or underclock or change timings or allow any adjustment of ram without complete destabilization. Processor has been reverted to stock. I have tested a Xeon 1230v2 in same board with ram and same conclusion. I own 7 modules of this ram and it all does it. All 7 dimms have been memtested for hours no problems with the latest 5.0 memtest usb boot. I am getting random BSODS. System will fail to post and loops 15/51 codes I think. Only modes I can get to work are 1600 11 11 28 which BSODS and 2000 mhz 10 10 10 28 1.5v which randomly doesn't boot/boot loops. It also likes to default to 1600 7-13-13-38 or something like that which is not JEDEC.

    Put in my Kingston Hyper X Blacks 2x8 16gb and no problems. I know its the ram because it happens specifically with this ram only. The plan was to upgrade to this memory and sell my Blacks.

    I have tried bios's f16, f18, f19e.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I like this motherboard and do not want to go back to Asus.
    Yep,
    Samsung Green 30nm Memory Test
    Go see the memory thread and give the f20c bios a try.
    For your 2000Mhz ....put c3/c6 at disable (not auto)
    in the cpu feature section AND for DDR voltage put 1.515v
    Set ICM voltage at 0.005v below VTT voltage. (Be cautious with this one)
    (optional I think) Enable IGFX (not at auto but Enable)
    Keep me posted on your results please.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Say What? Samsung 30nm Green memory does not work well in that board?

    Sorry to hear that, that may be a first, I've thrown unmatched (they all are) Samsung Green DIMMs into SB, IVB, and now Haswell PCs, and they all worked perfectly. But none of them are Gigabyte boards. You don't want to know what the speeds are, but having used the ASRock Z77 board, you know what is possible. Running from 1866 to 2133 at 1.35V. Disable C-States? All enabled on Haswell including C7, 2133 10 11 11 28 1T 1.35V.

    Start with 8GB at first, Auto timings, and take it from there. I hope the new BIOS works for you!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Say What? Samsung 30nm Green memory does not work well in that board?

    Sorry to hear that, that may be a first, I've thrown unmatched (they all are) Samsung Green DIMMs into SB, IVB, and now Haswell PCs, and they all worked perfectly. But none of them are Gigabyte boards. You don't want to know what the speeds are, but having used the ASRock Z77 board, you know what is possible. Running from 1866 to 2133 at 1.35V. Disable C-States? All enabled on Haswell including C7, 2133 10 11 11 28 1T 1.35V.

    Start with 8GB at first, Auto timings, and take it from there. I hope the new BIOS works for you!
    Got it working with the F20c mod bios. Now I am running 1866 9-9-9-1t 1.41v. CPU VTT is bumped to 1.080. TWCL is 7. RefCycle is 150. CPU multi 43x -.40 offset. Is my VTT too high? Do I need to change my IMC because I changed my VTT?

    Thank you gentleman.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    max safe for vtt is 1.2v

    it will be harder to get 16gb stable @ 2133mhz than it would just 8gb but you should manage it

    you can also use upto 1.65v dram voltage so don't be scared to use more
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Teddybehr's Avatar
    Teddybehr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Say What? Samsung 30nm Green memory does not work well in that board?

    Sorry to hear that, that may be a first, I've thrown unmatched (they all are) Samsung Green DIMMs into SB, IVB, and now Haswell PCs, and they all worked perfectly. But none of them are Gigabyte boards. You don't want to know what the speeds are, but having used the ASRock Z77 board, you know what is possible. Running from 1866 to 2133 at 1.35V. Disable C-States? All enabled on Haswell including C7, 2133 10 11 11 28 1T 1.35V.

    Start with 8GB at first, Auto timings, and take it from there. I hope the new BIOS works for you!
    Oh nooooooooooo!...my Gigabyte mb is plagued with bugs ...wait ...I just saw ASRock forums and they do too! and so are others!!....we are all doomed ....arghhhh....nooo...I can't take it no more....wait....will try...must...crawl to ...my computer room...almost there....ahhhh....almost...there, here you are ...I am saved..hugging my Z820 (w/2 Xeon e5-2630v2, for CEA, FAE)....can sleep now

    Kidding...you're right...I got your point Sir

  7. #7
    Teddybehr's Avatar
    Teddybehr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Quote Originally Posted by Vario View Post
    Got it working with the F20c mod bios. Now I am running 1866 9-9-9-1t 1.41v. CPU VTT is bumped to 1.080. TWCL is 7. RefCycle is 150. CPU multi 43x -.40 offset. Is my VTT too high? Do I need to change my IMC because I changed my VTT?


    Thank you gentleman.

    You can put your IMC at 1.075 (0.005v below vtt) for stability purpose
    Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide (Extreme LN2 Section Guide Included)

    @Wazza300
    Right Wazza300?

    I thought I was stable at 2000Mhz 10-10-10-28 2T 1.5v...was for 2 days...cold reboot this morning...no more 2000Mhz
    Retry with playing with LLC on the DDR and VTT channel...no luck

    Bugs...they mostly come at night...mostly

    According to that (and a lot of internet search):
    [Sammelthread] Samsung Green MV-3V4G3D DDR3L-1600 CL11-11-11-28 LP (OC-Geheimtip?)

    2133Mhz is an impossibility for Z77 with 16GB
    But 2200 and 2400 is.

    It seems also that Gigabyte has problems with C3/C6 states (for OC and SSD) and they blame Intel..which in return blame Gigabyte...go figure

    Can you post your timings (secondary included) if you reach or breach 2000Mhz...stable please...it would be very appreciated..Thanx


    @Wazza
    You must find us a path to victory
    Last edited by Teddybehr; 10-17-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

  8. #8
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybehr View Post
    Oh nooooooooooo!...my Gigabyte mb is plagued with bugs ...wait ...I just saw ASRock forums and they do too! and so are others!!....we are all doomed ....arghhhh....nooo...I can't take it no more....wait....will try...must...crawl to ...my computer room...almost there....ahhhh....almost...there, here you are ...I am saved..hugging my Z820 (w/2 Xeon e5-2630v2, for CEA, FAE)....can sleep now

    Kidding...you're right...I got your point Sir
    Ok, thanks... I think...

    Best I can do for now, but have been stuck here for a while. ASR Z77 EX 4 board, i5-3570K, 16GB Sammy Green

    GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm-cpuz-samsung-green-2000-png
    Last edited by parsec; 10-17-2013 at 03:29 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    you might do 11-11-11-28-1t or 2t on a gigabyte board and 16gb @ 2133mhz idk ive never really tested

    then tweak cpu/vtt and dram voltage,might be able to use tighter timings later if stable
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Teddybehr's Avatar
    Teddybehr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: GA-Z77X UD3H and Samsung Green YK0 VLP Ram 30nm

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Ok, thanks... I think...

    Best I can do for now, but have been stuck here for a while. ASR Z77 EX 4 board, i5-3570K, 16GB Sammy Green
    Thanks for giving us a hand parsec...your the guy!
    BTW I was hesitating between GB and ASRock when I was choosing my mb ...you did the right choice ...but don't tell anyone I said that xD
    I am still at 2000Mhz 10-10-10-28 2T although I had a setback while "playing" with Windows 8.1
    My Sammies are same week/year as yours. My serial almost the same.
    Will try your settings and Wazza300 suggestions this week.
    Thanks again Sir!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •