Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Z87x-ud5h hdd led

Default Re: Z87x-ud5h hdd led

Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    Good to know. I had an early board that did not have this problem, but it was probably hit or miss.
    Unfortunately, I got bit twice, even though I bought them several months apart.

Update. NewEgg Gigabyte support sent me a firmware update for the Marvell SATA controller that fixed the problem on the board I still have. The other board was RMA'd to Gigabyte. Would have been faster and cheaper if Gigabyte phone/web support could have done this before I sent the board back.

Lee
    Last edited by LeeBos; 11-23-2013 at 03:01 AM.

boondocks is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeeBos View Post
    Update. NewEgg Gigabyte support sent me a firmware update for the Marvelle SATA controller that fixed the problem on the board I still have. The other board was RMA'd to Gigabyte. Would have been faster and cheaper if Gigabyte phone/web support could have done this before I sent the board back.

Lee
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Topp44 is offline Junior Member

Question Re: Z87x-ud5h hdd led

]Update. NewEgg Gigabyte support sent me a firmware update for the Marvelle SATA controller that fixed the problem on the board I still have. The other board was RMA'd to Gigabyte. Would have been faster and cheaper if Gigabyte phone/web support could have done this before I sent the board back.
    Hi, Where i can find this firmware? because i have this problem too
    Last edited by Topp44; 11-22-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topp44 View Post
    Hi, Where i can find this firmware? because i have this problem too
    You have several choices, call Gigabyte support, (number in user manual), submit an RMA request on Gigabytes support site, or email newegg-support@gigabyteusa.com and see it they can email the firmware update and instructions as they did for me. Phone support didn't seem to be aware of the problem or may not have wanted to send what could be difficult for the average user to do. I have over 22 years experience building PC's so I guess they took that into consideration. Flashing firmware, as well as BIOS, (which is easier), has the potential to brick the motherboard and possibly void your warranty.

I'm not sure if I should try to attach it here as I don't want to be responsable for bricking someone's board. The update requires a DOS bootable USB flash drive.

Topp44 is offline Junior Member

You have several choices, call Gigabyte support, (number in user manual), submit an RMA request on Gigabytes support site, or email newegg-support@gigabyteusa.com and see it they can email the firmware update and instructions as they did for me. Phone support didn't seem to be aware of the problem or may not have wanted to send what could be difficult for the average user to do. I have over 22 years experience building PC's so I guess they took that into consideration. Flashing firmware, as well as BIOS, (which is easier), has the potential to brick the motherboard and possibly void your warranty.

I'm not sure if I should try to attach it here as I don't want to be responsable for bricking someone's board. The update requires a DOS bootable USB flash drive.
    ok ty
    Last edited by Topp44; 11-22-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Sure, why not, please attach this file here, who is the problem, make a usb boot stick easy with Rufus-Create bootable USB drives, any flashes on its own responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus67 View Post
    Sure, why not, please attach this file here, who is the problem, make a usb boot stick easy with Rufus-Create bootable USB drives, any flashes on its own responsibility.
    Unfortunately the zip file is too large to upload to this forum, says limit is 150KB, and the file is 1.04 MB. But knowing that Gigabyte has a fix that you can apply yourself and save the 2 week plus turn around time you may be able to convince them to send it to you. Or I can email it if you send me a PM with your email address and are willing to take the responsibility.

The board I sent in on 11/12/13 and received by Gigabyte on 11/19/13 says "Repaired and waiting for shipping". It only takes minutes to do it yourself.

OK, i send you a PM with my email address, thank you for the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus67 View Post
    OK, i send you a PM with my email address, thank you for the patch.
    Sent yesterday.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information