Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ga 77n-wifi issues

Zinaps is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ga 77n-wifi issues

I performed the memtest85 for about a little more than 3 hours and got 3 passes without errors.
    I checked the bios configuration for memory. Everything is set to Auto except "Performance Enhance" set to Turbo (possible values: Normal, Turbo, Extreme) and "Extreme memory profile (X.M.P)" set to Disabled.

I will do the test for big archive.

The test with a 20GB compressed data rar file does not show any error.

Hi,

Sometimes the CPU-Z won't showing correct SPD code, and im very sure the SPD code with the Ares 2133Mhz is 11-11-11-30 2T for every single kit.
    As your Memtest testing result shows no error by Auto mode, the problem shouldn't cause by memory.

You could test the hard drive by Crystaldiskinfo or HD Tune Pro and check out the S.M.A.R.T information:
    05 Realocated Sectors Count
    ga 77n-wifi issues-2013-12-30_110323-jpg

To ensure the memory is fine, install one memory module only and test both sticks separately.
    G.Skill Tech Support

I had the same issues with a previous harddrive. This one is a new one. So I don't think the problem comes from the hard drive. I can give it a try anyway.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Many problems are caused by bad cables or connections.
    Hardware that is not properly installed or fully seated in the motherboard's slots can also cause random problems.

Don't assume that that just because cables and/or wires look OK that they are working properly.
    The fact that you had the same issues with a previous hard drive tells me that there is something else that is causing the problem.

Two or three times per year, I unplug my power supply from the wall outlet and then thoroughly clean the inside of my computer case. Next I remove all hardware (except for the cpu) from the motherboard and carefully inspect all electrical connections for any signs of dirt or damage. I also inspect all cables for any signs of damage and make sure that all hardware is installed correctly and is securely attached. Make sure that the cpu cooler is still securely attached and that there aren't any problems with the wires and cables connected to the front of the computer case.

Many times a failing power supply can cause instability or random problems and the only way to thoroughly check this out is to borrow a very good quality power supply that is known to provide reliable power. Even a fairly new, high quality power supply can be the cause of the problem.

I've seen many threads in the forum where the solution to a stubborn problem couldn't be fixed until the the motherboard was removed from the computer case and the motherboard was placed on a cardboard box beside the case and the owner tested the system with a minimal hardware setup.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    I find it interesting that the SPD window shows different command rates for the XMP-2134 (CR = 2T) and XMP-2132 (CR = 1T) settings.
    It must be becoming more commonplace as I see SPD's having both programmed with 1T and 2T here too. There's a sane reason for that too. Read the next line down.

And speaking of instability and Command Rates, Zinaps, choose the XMP setting that shows the CR of 2T, reboot afterwards, and tell us if the instability is lessened or gone.

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Two or three times per year, I unplug my power supply from the wall outlet and then thoroughly clean the inside of my computer case. Next I remove all hardware (except for the cpu) from the motherboard and carefully inspect all electrical connections for any signs of dirt or damage. I also inspect all cables for any signs of damage and make sure that all hardware is installed correctly and is securely attached. Make sure that the cpu cooler is still securely attached and that there aren't any problems with the wires and cables connected to the front of the computer case.
    Are your services for rent?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    ....snip....

Are your services for rent?
    Of course, but you can't afford me.

I don't know how to trigger the instability from my current windows 7 installation.
    As I know I have issues installing the system when my graphic card is plugged I did the test by installing the windows 7 operating system after creating a system image of my current installation.

I selected the "Profile1" instead of "Disabled" which sets the CR to 2. ("Profile2" also BTW)
    I ran the install from my USB key, everything went well until the end. Checkdisk reported no errors and the "sfc /scannow" did not report any error either.

To complete the test, I deciced to redo the installation with "Disabled" (CR=1).
    I ran the install from my USB key, the installation went very far then blackscreen for 20 second, reboot, scandisk launched automatically as the installation was trying to recover I think. I stopped there and set back my old installation from the backup image.

I'm currently using the "Profile1" setting:
    ga 77n-wifi issues-cpuz-info-2t-jpg

So I think the issue might really be related to the memory settings.
    What is your opinion?

So XMP Profile1 set(s) the command rate to 2T, right?

And installing the OS using Profile1, with the 660 installed while doing so, went without a hiccup when using Profile1(2T)?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

yes for both questions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information