Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?




  1. #1
    alykay2008 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Default Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    I just recently bought a new mobo of Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 and a new CPU intel core i7 - 2600K. But I don't know what is the right DDR3 RAM for me. Either 1066 MHz or 1333 MHz or 1600 MHz.
    So I got confuse .. can you help?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    I deleted your other post as it appeared as a dupe of this one.

    Please do not double post.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

  3. #3
    alykay2008 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    Thanks for that.. here is my signature.. cheers :D
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3, i7-2600K, SSD*120GB, Win7

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    1600mhz will be fine,there's no real world benefit from going for any faster memory
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    alykay2008 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    1600mhz will be fine,there's no real world benefit from going for any faster memory
    Thanks for that wazza300.. Is it compulsory that I must use the compatible one DDR3-2133 MHz or just any Frequency like the one you suggested 1600 MHz?
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3, i7-2600K, SSD*120GB, Win7

  6. #6
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    Quote Originally Posted by alykay2008 View Post
    Thanks for that wazza300.. Is it compulsory that I must use the compatible one DDR3-2133 MHz or just any Frequency like the one you suggested 1600 MHz?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. This is from your board's specifications:

    Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules

    Is that why you asked about 2133 memory? That spec is the maximum speed memory your board and CPU will work with, 2133. Memory whose speed is 2133 or lower will work.

    Memory speeds like those above are standards that the PC industry uses, although others in between those numbers (like 2000) are available sometimes. The exact speed is not necessary to match, as long as the speed is at or below the maximum speed.

    So yes, you can use any frequency memory that was suggested.

    There is another factor that you must check. Memory must be compatible with your board, you can't just buy any memory that you might like. The reasons why memory is or is not compatible are a bit complicated, and many times the specs you need to match are not provided by the memory manufacture.

    Your boards memory compatibility list is here: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 (rev. 1.1)

    If you are new to PC building, I strongly suggest you get memory that is in the list. Memory that is not in the list might work, the board manufacture cannot test all the memory that we can buy. But memory that is not in the list might not work, that is a common problem PC builders have. Memory that is not in the list may be truly incompatible, usually due to the type of memory chips it uses.

    The list gives you safe memory choices, I recommend you use it.

  7. #7
    alykay2008 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. This is from your board's specifications:

    Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules

    Is that why you asked about 2133 memory? That spec is the maximum speed memory your board and CPU will work with, 2133. Memory whose speed is 2133 or lower will work.

    Memory speeds like those above are standards that the PC industry uses, although others in between those numbers (like 2000) are available sometimes. The exact speed is not necessary to match, as long as the speed is at or below the maximum speed.

    So yes, you can use any frequency memory that was suggested.

    There is another factor that you must check. Memory must be compatible with your board, you can't just buy any memory that you might like. The reasons why memory is or is not compatible are a bit complicated, and many times the specs you need to match are not provided by the memory manufacture.

    Your boards memory compatibility list is here: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 (rev. 1.1)

    If you are new to PC building, I strongly suggest you get memory that is in the list. Memory that is not in the list might work, the board manufacture cannot test all the memory that we can buy. But memory that is not in the list might not work, that is a common problem PC builders have. Memory that is not in the list may be truly incompatible, usually due to the type of memory chips it uses.

    The list gives you safe memory choices, I recommend you use it.
    Oh Wow.. that was very helpful from you parsec.. I've learnt a bit now and thank you for your recommendation. Cheers:D
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3, i7-2600K, SSD*120GB, Win7

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: Any suggestion for buying types of DDR3 RAM?

    yeah any speed ram will work upto 2133mhz

    the minimum speed memory you would be looking to buy would be 1600mhz imo,any slower would affect performance (1066/1333mhz ect)
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •