Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 - enable vt-d support in BIOS

Unhappy X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 - enable vt-d support in BIOS

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone can help - I have a X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 board that I would like to enable vt-d on. I've downloaded the latest BIOS that I could find, FH, however there still don't appear to be any options in the BIOS to enable the feature. I've enabled 'Virtualisation Technology' in the 'Miscellaneous Options' menu of the 'MB Intelligent Tweaker' main menu item in the BIOS.

I've read that you need to hit CTRL-F1 for the options to appear, no luck.

I also found another post where a person states they have vt-d and vmware passthrough running with BIOS version FH1, however I can't find this BIOS version anywhere. The thread was Gigabyte X58A-UD3R 2.0 VT-d unlock

I'm ultimately trying to get passthrough working in VMWare ESXi 5.1 - would like to pass the ATI graphics card through to a guest to utilise the GPU.

Is anyone able to assist? Appreciate your time.

Cheers

Default Re: X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 - enable vt-d support in BIOS

Thanks guys - found the FH1 bios in the 'GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS' sticky thread - after control-F1, the option is now available. thanks...

Thread Information