Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer hangs at American Megatrends logo - can't access BIOS

Default Re: Computer hangs at American Megatrends logo - can't access BIOS

Yep, F16. Did it work? Also, just wondering. Did you overclock your CPU or are you planning to?

Default Re: Computer hangs at American Megatrends logo - can't access BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by danielite View Post
    Yep, F16. Did it work? Also, just wondering. Did you overclock your CPU or are you planning to?
    I tried to use Q-Flash yesterday and it threw up an error "your flash utility is out of date" or something similar so In contacted Gigabyte tech support and they told me to use @bios. After research into this, I hear that @bios is one of the worst utilities available with a good chance of bricking your motherboard upon use, so I decided to research other options instead.

I'm now going down the bootable USB drive route. Fingers crossed.

Yes, although currently at stock due to me removing the CMOS battery whilst attempting to diagnose the issue, i'm usually overclocked to 4.3Ghz. Once i've got everything running as normal, i'll go back to the overclock again. I've got a watercooled system so I could probably go higher but this is a nice stable speed to have it at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information