Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4

    Default How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

    Im having a weird problem with my system and to attempt to fix the problem im trying to get previous driver versions for my motherboard... but I cant seem to find previous ones on the gigabyte website. They only seem to have the most recently made drivers available and I noticed for the audio drivers it says 'VIA audio driver (Note: please reflash the latest BIOS before update VIA audio driver for Win7/8/8.1 support)', so im not sure if its compatible with previous BIOS versions and if I uninstall the audio driver and go back to an older BIOS then the only audio driver I can use is the one on the gigabyte CD that came with the motherboard which is a very old version.

    I have a Z77x-ud3h rev 1.0

    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)

  2. #2
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

    Gigabyte website posting only latest (for them) drivers.
    Try here:
    Station-Drivers - Via (chipset)
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

    I see, if gigabyte reads the forums I hope they take this recommendation of having previous driver versions on their website.

    Im not gonna drop a name, but on my previous computer its motherboard manufacturer posted all versions of the drivers on their website.
    Last edited by fredkruge; 02-10-2014 at 01:07 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredkruge View Post
    I see, if gigabyte reads the forums I hope they take this recommendation of having previous driver versions on their website.
    I'll second that. While it's sometimes confusing to sort out Asus does it right concerning current and previous downloads in my book.

  5. #5
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    I'll second that. While it's sometimes confusing to sort out Asus does it right concerning current and previous downloads in my book.
    Therein lies the problem, you literally have users that will ask what the latest driver is, in a list of drivers with release numbers sorted in descending order!

    Similar to the reason ASRock removes all the BIOS versions before their SB to IVB BIOS update, to protect users from themselves. Many things are dumbed down because of people like that. There are actually (IMO) levels or tiers of dumbed-down-ness that I have discovered over time as I learn more about Windows, for example.

    EVGA has a nice way of listing their drivers for video cards, although their list is much simpler than a mobo. They have a check box that activates "List All", which then displays all drivers they still provide for downloading.

    I would suggest going directly to the manufacture of the hardware or chip/chipset for earlier drivers. Intel normally will have a few earlier versions of their drivers. Mobo manufactures do very little if anything to these drivers, I've used drivers directly from the manufactures for years without any problems.

    The StationDrivers suggestion is also good, besides their irritating pop up browser ads...

  6. #6
    andyc999 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredkruge View Post
    Im having a weird problem with my system and to attempt to fix the problem im trying to get previous driver versions for my motherboard... but I cant seem to find previous ones on the gigabyte website. They only seem to have the most recently made drivers available and I noticed for the audio drivers it says 'VIA audio driver (Note: please reflash the latest BIOS before update VIA audio driver for Win7/8/8.1 support)', so im not sure if its compatible with previous BIOS versions and if I uninstall the audio driver and go back to an older BIOS then the only audio driver I can use is the one on the gigabyte CD that came with the motherboard which is a very old version.

    I have a Z77x-ud3h rev 1.0

    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)
    Hi I have the driver you are looking for. I could post it somewhere for you if you like.

    I have the same motherboard as you; what problem have you got. I had problems with the F20D bios but there was no updated audio driver available then so I went back to the F18 bios. F20D stopped my Via sound recording from working; all ok again with the F18 bios.

    Good luck

    Andy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: How do I locate previous driver versions on the gigabyte website?

    I really wish gigabyte would list stuff the way ASUS does :(

    Im hoping I fixed the problem I have, time will tell. But I had to revert to older BIOS versions and im concerned about the compatability of newer drivers not working with the older BIOS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •