Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by esko1 View Post
    Hi there. I wonder how some of you experts, managed to install UEFI BIOS on Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 motherboard. I've tried everything, and always got error "Invalid ROM image" or "bios id mismatch". I've tried also to install the latest version of BIOS from the GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.2 but again got the same bios ID mismatch.

On this forum I found these two files, which should be for mentioned motherboard.

GA-Z68AP-D3 - U1a
    rev.2.0 = Z68AP-D3_1.0_U1A

I've tried to flash bios with q-fash, @BIOS, FLASHSPI / Efiflash and none of it works.

Is UEFI BIOS on this board stable?

I desperately want to install uefi bios on that board, because I don't have money for newer one. Please Help

Hi I am new here cheers peeps.
    Well I got a ASRock 990FX Extreme9 AM3+ in the mail this past Friday 10/10/2014 and its very fast motherboard.
    it even installs windows 8 64bit OS fast too.
    I played around with the bios some I am not overclocking it just keeping it at defualts for speed and using fast boot up.
    I tweaked the Bios some for Secure boot and was able to use install for secure boot using CD windows 8 64bit disc. I didn't have to use a Flash Stick drive to do it.
    just unchecked cms and checked in secure boot loaded its secure settings defaults and selected the UEFI DVDrom bruner in bios and boom installed secure features for windows 8 64bit OS.
    I even checked the system information in control panel and says secure boot on !
    so you can install secure boot features using DVDRom player just makes sure in bios settings you select the UEFI bios for your DVDRom to post from.
    and I can even use Ultra fast boot if I chose.
    but with this board if you have Ultra Fast Boot speed you can't get in to bios unless you shutdown and clear cmos.
    so I rather keep it at just fast boot speed which is pretty damn fast anyway and its faster then any ASUS mother board I had or tried out.
    but just wanted to say you can install windows 8 64bit secure features just using DVDRom UEFI...
    Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-13-2014 at 01:25 AM.

dokii is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 rev.1 UEFI Bios help

Hy,
    I have same problem,I can not raise multiplier on i5 3470 further than x36.

I have z68ap-d3 revision 1 and on official Gigabyte page there is only F8 bios and no UEFI update while the revision 2 has UEFI update.

Can I flash UEFI BIOS from revision 2 on revision 1 mbo,I think they are same,I'm just worried it will be bricked if I flash it ?

Thanks

Hi
    if the version 2 bios is for your motherboard.
    then I believe it can be updated to it.
    if you want to make sure contact Gigabyte tech support or their forums support to make sure it won't hurt your motherboard if you use the version 2 bios for it.
    and also make sure version 2 is really for your motherboard.
    then download it and reboot and go to cmos bios section and use a usb flash drive to flash the new bios and remember to read your motherboard book on how to flash the bios for it too.
    so you know your doing it correctly.
    cause each motherboard is different when flashing bios some times.
    hope this help out some?

P.S.
    some times some motherboard if your connected to the net when your in CMOS bios section will download the latest new bios updates for it and install it for you.
    Note: not all motherboards can do this !
    so just read your motherboards guide book and see if it can or not.
    if not then you will have to go to Gigabytes website and download it your self.
    Last edited by SkyHawk; 02-10-2016 at 11:33 AM.

dokii is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
    Hi
    if the version 2 bios is for your motherboard.
    then I believe it can be updated to it.
    if you want to make sure contact Gigabyte tech support or their forums support to make sure it won't hurt your motherboard if you use the version 2 bios for it.
    and also make sure version 2 is really for your motherboard.
    then download it and reboot and go to cmos bios section and use a usb flash drive to flash the new bios and remember to read your motherboard book on how to flash the bios for it too.
    so you know your doing it correctly.
    cause each motherboard is different when flashing bios some times.
    hope this help out some?

P.S.
    some times some motherboard if your connected to the net when your in CMOS bios section will download the latest new bios updates for it and install it for you.
    Note: not all motherboards can do this !
    so just read your motherboards guide book and see if it can or not.
    if not then you will have to go to Gigabytes website and download it your self.

No,my motherboard is revision 1 and UEFI BIOS update and unlocked multiplier is only for revision 2 so I wondered can I flash somehow UEFI BIOS update from revision 2 on revision 1,everything will.

I have read it all and only I want to know can I flash bios,I'm worried it will corrupt my motherboard,but this MBO has dual bios so if one fails second steps in ?

I tried with Gigabyte @BIOS app for updating bios from windows but it says I have newest BIOS.

I opened thread on official GB forums and I'm waiting for answer,but I think as forum member who started this thread he flashed sucesfully bios from revision 2 on revision 1 so I think I can also ?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information