Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tearing what's left of my hair off with this one build....

Default Re: Tearing what's left of my hair off with this one build....

So I've installed the asus board over the last few days, made improvements on the water cooling to both make it look better and reduce restrictions as well as added a second Led bar on the opposite side, taking my sweet time and I'm going to use the corsair dominator GT DDR 3, which were tested on a spare system to make sure they're not defective and they passed with flying colors.

System is now bled on both loops, no leaks and has the latest bios installed this time so over the next few days it'll be the final test to see if the 4th video card is detected in quad crossfire and if I can rock and roll with DDR3 speeds set at 2133 MHz in the bios....Let's make this thing scream if possible....

Yann (GIGABYTE) is offline GIGABYTE Server Motherboard Staff

Hello Shadow001,

For some reasons I stopped receiving email notifications to replies on this thread, so my apologies for missing the last pages of discussion. Are you still experiencing problems?

Yann
    GIGABYTE Server

Unfortunately, I pretty much gave up on that board and i'm currently using an Asus one of equivalent specs and the same hardware fitted onboard.

It's not quite perfection either on that side( there's a thread for that in the Asus section), but it is more stable and has a few extra bios features that I like.

Sorry to hear that, all the best with your new build then.

I see on the Asus post that you have the exact same problem than with the GA-7PESH3, may I still ask if you got some news from the AMD side?
    Last edited by Yann (GIGABYTE); 04-30-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Been trying everything I can on my end before I do, but it's looking like both boards have the same problem and only see 3 cards or I have a defective one in the group, but it'll require more testing before I open the whole thing up.

Hoping to know which one is it by connecting the outputs to the monitors on each and see which one doesn't work, then pulling that one out and trying it in a separate system to see if it's really dead or if it works....If it does work, then there's something going on with the Asus board for sure.

Well if you have the same issue on both boards I'm pretty sure you have a dead card as on our side we never had any issues to use 4 cards on this board, but yes test it first and share the result.

You're almost there ;)

Well given that I tried the third card when I was trouble shooting the gigabyte board, and that now the first one fully checks out too with the Asus board, there's only the second or the fourth one in the chain to check.

Since the AMD drivers don't even load on one of the cards, nor did windows itself see it either( only saw 3), and this was before I installed the latest official AMD driver set, there should be no signal coming out of one of the cards at all.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information