Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tearing what's left of my hair off with this one build....

Default Re: Tearing what's left of my hair off with this one build....

Tried it with on board video card and hooking that up to the display, and it's exactly the same problem...No post at all, no beeps and the keyboard does not initialise at all so I can rule out issues with video cards or PCI-E compatibility.....Leaves only the CPU's or memory as issues, but the CPU's are part of the compatibility list, and the memory is identical in all 8 slots and within the limits of unregistered DDR3 in capacity(32 GB total).

Power supply wise, there's 2400 watts to play with between 2 PSU's, and up until last week, they were powering up an EVGA SR-2 with a pair of 6 core Xeon's running at 4 Ghz flawlessly, and I gotta admit I am tempted to go back to it if this keeps on completely baffling why it's doing it.

xplode is offline Junior Member

If you use any ram XMP or OC disable it and try again. I had similar issues with different Gigabyte board. With some BIOS versions system act exactly as you describe when XMP is enabled. Set RAM to auto and turn off XMP or any OC profile or settings, if there are no such things in this BIOS then make ram run on 1333 MHz. Then try booting with single cpu and single graphics card, try to update your BIOS and then try to setup your system again. Also from personal experience the latest BIOS may not be the best for your build, so try different versions and decide which one suits you best.

Frustrating, I know.

I'd PM Yann, Gigabyte's Server/B2B/NCBU goto here, and wait to see what they have to suggest.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    If you use any ram XMP or OC disable it and try again. I had similar issues with different Gigabyte board. With some BIOS versions system act exactly as you describe when XMP is enabled. Set RAM to auto and turn off XMP or any OC profile or settings, if there are no such things in this BIOS then make ram run on 1333 MHz. Then try booting with single cpu and single graphics card, try to update your BIOS and then try to setup your system again. Also from personal experience the latest BIOS may not be the best for your build, so try different versions and decide which one suits you best.
    I very highly doubt, as a matter of fact I'll bet, this board doesn't support XMP Profiles.

It doesn't matter in either case, as I can't get to the point where I see the bios period....I could just unplug the memory and see if any new warning lights illuminate or the motherboard starts beeping an error of somekind.....If not, then we either have:

1: One seriously screwed up board.
    2: The Bios is totally and completely corrupted to the point of not loading or displaying anything, even when using the onboard video.

I'll try erasing the Cmos as it's possible that the quad video card setup may have left something behind, but that's a shot in the dark, but what's really pissing me off is the lack of documentation since there's at least half a dozen jumpers that I have no idea what they're for....The solution could be right in front of my face and I wouldn't know it.

Memory incompatibility will halt a board like you describe.

Got a friend with some they'll lend ya?

Heck. We're only 11hrs apart. Come on over here to Michigan, I have a boatload.

I have the DDR3 memory that is still installed in the SR-2 and worked flawlessly for the past 2 years, so as a worse case scenario I can try those.

Well, I'm guessing by what you describe it's memory related. Whether that set in the SR-2 works or not ..... Fingers here crossed for you though!

If it behaves the same, no POST/BIOS with that SR-2 set, hit a friend up with some "low-life' 1066/1333/1600.

And damn homey.

An SR-2 also? Ahhh, the high life.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information