Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tearing what's left of my hair off with this one build....

Default Re: Tearing what's left of my hair off with this one build....

Configured the boot order and setup all the raid arrays, and the ram runs at 1600Mhz at least even when forced thru the BIOS( there is an option for 1866 MHz though), but i won't try it since the board does have 8 memory channels between both CPU sockets (4 per socket 2011), so it's not like it's lacking memory bandwith...:p

So the only thing that can screw with me is when i put the 4 video cards, finish the water loop for them, and it won't boot anymore...:P

Quote Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
    So the only thing that can screw with me is when i put the 4 video cards, finish the water loop for them, and it won't boot anymore...:P
    Don't even think about it. High hopes and fingers crossed here for ya a second time..

The one benefit at least is that I won't need a memory upgrade anytime soon with 64 GB onboard....Heck, brings back memories of my first hard drive and it was only a 4GB one and had 64 MB of ram in the computer...:P

Now what to do with the 32GB corsairs...Suppose I could put them in the SR-2 since that board loves them big time.

So .......Loops are purged and she's running?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
    The one benefit at least is that I won't need a memory upgrade anytime soon with 64 GB onboard....Heck, brings back memories of my first hard drive and it was only a 4GB one and had 64 MB of ram in the computer...:P
    Unfortunately, sadly, or however ya care to refer to my advanced years, I've got ya beat there. 500MB HDD from a now defunct co called Computability, $500US. 1MB sticks, $100US. Geezer by today's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    So .......Loops are purged and she's running?

Unfortunately, sadly, or however ya care to refer to my advanced years, I've got ya beat there. 500MB HDD from a now defunct co called Computability, $500US. 1MB sticks, $100US. Geezer by today's standards.

Have to remove the blocks for the corsair ram and reconfigure the loop for the CPU's without them to begin with, then bleed that and a couple of cables that need to be placed somewhere else for clearance issues( sata cables), and then I put the video cards back in and bleed that too for what will be the third time and then tidy up the install with plenty of tie raps...

Similar but nicer looking now that I figured out the problem...

xplode is offline Junior Member

Glad you have a solution. Most server (dual CPU) boards do not like non ECC RAM, this is why compatibility is so low with them.

Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    Glad you have a solution. Most server (dual CPU) boards do not like non ECC RAM, this is why compatibility is so low with them.

I noticed that when I saw the Gigabytes QVL list and it only having 3 entries for non ECC unregistered ram, which 2 of the 3 were Kingston branded and only up to 1333mhz speeds, which are unavailable on the spot to test, so I took a gamble on 1600Mhz memory from the same brand which the local store had on hand, but it worked and it's actually the maximum amount of unregistered ram the board can handle according to it's specs.

Would be nice if a few extra models were part of that QVL list though, as more than those 3 models listed work on it as I've proven it.

I removed the memory blocks since they were intended for the corsair memory modules as well as modifying the CPU water loop, and installed the video cards while trimming the 4th video card water block( the acetal portion where no water runs thru), so that one of red SATA raid ports has enough room to connect a SATA cable to an SSD( there's 6 SSD's and 3 hard drives + blue ray optical in total), so she's pretty packed to the gills.

Every connection double checked and now I have the monumental task of having a mountain of cables to organize and tie down so everything looks nice and clean, then we bleed the whole thing once more....

Then comes installing all the software....Arghhhhhh.

Everything is tied down at the expense of about 100 tie wraps and getting ready to bleed both loops....I also reset the bios back to defaults since that thread you linked to wardog where the other user couldn't boot his 4 card setup with the PCI-e set to gen 3 settings but could do it on gen 2 settings....Just in case the bios I'm using still issues with it.

it's fully bled and ready for the final test.....After dinner....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information