Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA X79 UP4 v1.0 - Downgrade Bios from F6a mod to F3u help... also is a good choice?

Default GA X79 UP4 v1.0 - Downgrade Bios from F6a mod to F3u help... also is a good choice?

hi guys,
    long time i don't use gigabyte, because i had problems with bios and switch to asus and was happy with the brand with little issue
    also i tried MSI... but that's not the point here

i decided to upgrade my rig to a LGA2011 and choose giga for my motherboard since i didn't use in a long time
    the board comes wih F2 bios and i decide to upgrade my bios to ORIGINAL F4 and found to support new memory and processors i didn't like the BIOS and i came to tewaktown because i remember there are great guys doing a amazing job with bios here...

i upgrade to F6a and i been searching for few days here some info and discovered that maybe the best BIOS version is F3u
    tried to Qflash the F3u bios but it says it's outdated and can't do that(obviously because i have a newer BIOS version)

so i have 2 questions for you experts
    1)can someone tell me if is a good choice to downgrade my BIOS do F3u? i mean is really the best BIOS out or i can stick with F6a?
    i will use for overclock my 3930k as much as i can to use 24/7 but i need stability

2) i'm experienced guy in therms of changing bios and flashing in DOS.... i just want to know if is safe to downgrade via DOS in this case and how the proceeds to make that? i read the BIOS flashing how to i just want to confirm the proceeds to avoid making something wrong
    format USB stick with DOS and use FlashSPI but where can i find that utility?

thank you guys in advance

xplode is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA X79 UP4 v1.0 - Downgrade Bios from F6a mod to F3u help... also is a good choice?

You can try either @BIOS or Intel FPT tool. Before usage of FPT load optimized defaults, and after using it shut down computer completely.

FPT usage:

fpt -bios -f X79UP4.F3u

with this command i assume that the bios file is in the same folder as FPT program.

Default Re: GA X79 UP4 v1.0 - Downgrade Bios from F6a mod to F3u help... also is a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    You can try either @BIOS or Intel FPT tool. Before usage of FPT load optimized defaults, and after using it shut down computer completely.

FPT usage:

fpt -bios -f X79UP4.F3u

with this command i assume that the bios file is in the same folder as FPT program.
    thanks xplode, really helpfull!
    so where can i get FPT to do that?
    also do you think is worth? F3u is really the best bios out there for this board?

i hope stasio will come with another BIOS soon to save the workld...LOL

thank you very much

xplode is offline Junior Member

Try this thread, look for GBE15modkit_win64_x79.zip

Extract the contets somewhere and copy your bios file in that folder. Then from command prompt go to that folder and use command from my previous post.

Thread Information