Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z87N Wifi Rev 1.0 issue with getting On Off Charge to work

munim is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Z87N Wifi Rev 1.0 issue with getting On Off Charge to work

EDIT: I was mistaken, mine is revision 2.0 for which F4 seems to be the only correct bios. I flashed that but I still have the same problem.

I have tried the F5 and F6a bios with varying combinations of old and new App Center and On Off Charge. Whenever I click the App Center icon in the system tray, however, all other utilities show up except On Off Charge. If I try to manually open On Off Charge via Program Files x86, then the window does indeed open but it has a red error message at the bottom stating "usbcharger driver not ready". I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro, fully updated along with fully updated gigabyte drivers. I just tried with a fresh install of Windows 8.1 but had no luck.

Anyone know of a trick to get this working?

Keywords onoff onoffcharge onoffcharge2 charging iphone USB
    Last edited by munim; 03-26-2014 at 04:07 AM. Reason: wrong information

Default Re: Z87N Wifi Rev 1.0 issue with getting On Off Charge to work

More info, system event viewer shows this error every 3 seconds for the Apcent (app center) program..

Miss "BtnDwn" value, OnOffCharge2 will be ignore.

I ended up calling Gigabyte Tech support and they've noted everything down. The two concerns are:

1. If I plug in my iPhone and then turn off the computer, it continues charging. If I plug it in after the PC is shut down then it does not charge. This issue does not occur with my Z87X-UD5H so they are going to find out if it's working as intended or if the Z87N should indeed start charging the phone after the computer is already shut off.

2. If I am getting that "USBCharger driver not ready" error, am I getting the 3X usb power as advertised regardless?

If it's not working as intended then they'll set up a test system on their end to see what's going on. Hopefully they resolve this issue with a new driver / patch / utility because this is a major feature, at least for me.

Still no response from Gigabyte. I just bought a Maximus Impact, everything on it works as advertised..

Okay today I got the answer:

Dear Customer,

After checking with our team the utility is not supported on this board however the feature is, when the system enters s4/s5 mode apple based device should start charge.

Edit:
    I received further clarification that the charging solution on the Z87N Wifi is software based so the the iPhone can't be plugged in after the pc has been turned off. However, it can be charged if the pc is turned off after plugging in the iPhone. The Z87X-UD5H has a hardware based solution so the device can be plugged in whenever.

Hope this helps others that are curious about this.
    Last edited by munim; 04-03-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Thread Information