Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide

scracy is offline Junior Member

Default Re: The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide

Cinebench@4.9Ghz on Z87 board still working on 5.0Ghz worked yesterday but not today? will keep trying
    Attached Images Attached Images The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide-cinebench-4-9ghz-jpg 

Adrenalen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
    I figured as much for liquid. I still suspect those running air are the ones that will see the bigger gain. However I'd really like to see some AIR OC feedback reviews out there. Haven't seen any yet. By air i don't mean stock cooler either. Something like Noctua NH-D14
    The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide-4-7ghz-1866-5uur-jpg\

This is on air with the Thermalright true spirit 140 power. I did however change the TY-147 fan with a TY-143.
    but if it's possible i could use some help with my overclocking :)

in bios i have my Vcore set to 1.296v now but in hwmonitor it still goes up to 1.320v what should i do to get less difference when i stresstest my pc? or is it allways like this?
    then my other voltages, do they seem ok? I have mostly everything else on auto.
    Would like to know what voltages i should or could change?
    If you want me to try something, just tell me :)

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalen View Post
    in bios i have my Vcore set to 1.296v now but in hwmonitor it still goes up to 1.320v what should i do to get less difference when i stresstest my pc? or is it allways like this?
    I set 1.245v in BIOS, in HWiNFO reported Core VIDs 1.234-1.238v, and max vcore is 1.256, which IMO just the 0.08v accuracy of settings/sensors.
    Do you have vcore in override or adaptive voltage mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalen
    then my other voltages, do they seem ok? I have mostly everything else on auto.
    Would like to know what voltages i should or could change?
    If you want me to try something, just tell me :)
    If you made the picture smaller it would be much easier to read them.

What version of Prime95 is it, or did you disable AVX and FMA3? Your temperatures are suspiciously low for the voltage + hyper-threading.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By-R...p=docslist_api

It is prime 26.6 is this good tot stresstest my CPU?
    Mostly i game anyway so.
    Edit: sorry for the google drive link. On my phone @ work so not ez to upload pics etc..

I did put voltage manually in bios so I guess that it's not on adaptive mode?
    Also, if you're going to run Prime95, make sure it's version 26.6. Here's why:

Core i 2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation CPU's have AVX (Advanced Vector Extension) instruction sets. Recent versions of Prime95, such as 28.5, run AVX code on the Floating Point Unit (FPU) math coprocessor, which produces extremely high temperatures. The FPU test in the stability testing utility AIDA64 shows similar results.

Prime95 v26.6 produces temperatures on 3rd and 4th Generation processors more consistent with 2nd Generation, which also have AVX instructions, but do not suffer from thermal extremes due to having a soldered Integrated Heat Spreader and a 35% larger Die.

That's why i downloaded that version
    Last edited by Adrenalen; 03-06-2015 at 03:36 PM.

It looks like override mode, could be the accuracy of settings and sensors.
    The question is more do you need 1.32 to be stable or not the difference between settings and sensor reading is not so important.
    Uncore offset is +0.3 by auto maybe you want to set it manually, what is ring ratio?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...c0E&authuser=0

these are my bios settings atm. should i change something first and stresstest or should i start trying to up my uncore now?

gigabyte boards don't have the adaptive voltage settings. so its not adaptive ^^

Default ring voltage is 1.05 IDK why it gets 0.3v on auto and you did not change ring ratio, mine on default is 1.15v @ x38 and perfectly stable with 0.02v offset at x40, try to set offset to 0, or very little over.
    BTW if turbo is x44 ring is also boosted to x44 why cap it to x40?

IDK what VIN1 is but if this is VCCIN it may explain the high vcore and it is way high. Is that latest HWMonitor version?
    See what readings you get with HWiNFO, it also lists the ratio for ring and cores.

What about the memory is it not OCed?

Hey! Thx for the input allready!!
    I allready made some changes by reading allot of stuff :P
    i did not change the uncore to the same as the core frequency cause i thought i read it would make the oc more unstable?
    i upped it to 45 allready now and my Vcore is set to 1.287v the uncore offset is still on auto tho.
    The VIN1 is still 2.040v in hwmonitor but i can not find that set voltage anywhere in HWINFO ^^
    Attached Images Attached Images The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide-4-7-hwinfo-jpg 
    Last edited by Adrenalen; 03-07-2015 at 02:15 AM.

There are more sensors down, click "<- ->" to add a column and fit more sensors in the window.
    Alt + PrintScreen captures active window, not need for the whole screen. or you can use windows Snipping Tool (Accessories) to capture part of the screen.

still nowhere to find ^^ :P
    some friends just entered my house... will be off for an hour or 2 :((( still thx allot tho!!!
    if you think of smthing that i should try, tell me :)

i passed a fast prime 26.6 test 20 minutes for these settings need an overnight test tonight but i can try to change stuff you say ^^

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information