Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-Z77X-D3H - can't get Fast Boot to work 8[

Thumbs up GA-Z77X-D3H - can't get Fast Boot to work 8[

Hi, first a few specs.

- F18i
    - Windows 7 64bit.
    - Only one device (my SSD) is selected as a boot device.

I have two issues trying to get Fast Boot to work.

1) Whenever I enable Fast Boot - ultra fast or normal - I get an error saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device", just as Windows is about to load.
    2) Whether I enable or disable PS/2 support, my PS/2 port is disabled and I can't enter the bios afterwards when Fast Boot is selected. This also applies to my USB keyboard, which doesn't work either no matter if I select full or partial USB support. So there is clearly some bug here. This also applied to my mates G1 motherboard, when we enabled Fast Boot on his system a few month ago. He could boot into Windows however, but he was also left unable to enter bios.

Disabling Fast Boot causes my PC to boot into Windows just fine. So does anyone have any success with Fast Boot on the F18i bios or any suggestions to what settings I should change? I've pictures of my BIOS settings here (they are all default except a few controllers that I've disabled). https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xhf9c77or...Wxwtv3JpTJWE4a

Kind regards, Martin.

Teddybehr is offline Member

Default Re: GA-Z77X-D3H - can't get Fast Boot to work 8[

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsebaer View Post
    Hi, first a few specs.
    I have two issues trying to get Fast Boot to work.

1) Whenever I enable Fast Boot - ultra fast or normal - I get an error saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device", just as Windows is about to load.
    2) Whether I enable or disable PS/2 support, my PS/2 port is disabled and I can't enter the bios afterwards when Fast Boot is selected. This also applies to my USB keyboard, which doesn't work either no matter if I select full or partial USB support. So there is clearly some bug here. This also applied to my mates G1 motherboard, when we enabled Fast Boot on his system a few month ago. He could boot into Windows however, but he was also left unable to enter bios.

Kind regards, Martin.
    Please post more specs
    It will help us to help you.

You might want to take a peak at that:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ot-solved.html

Is your Win 7 installed in UEFI mode?
    Is your graphic card is UEFI compliant?
    Do not hesitate if problems still there.
    Hope it helps.
    Regards

Default Re: GA-Z77X-D3H - can't get Fast Boot to work 8[

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybehr View Post
    Please post more specs
    It will help us to help you.

You might want to take a peak at that:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ot-solved.html

Is your Win 7 installed in UEFI mode?
    Is your graphic card is UEFI compliant?
    Do not hesitate if problems still there.
    Hope it helps.
    Regards
    Hi I thought I'd take the time to reply you, even though I already fixed it. Your questions made me ponder about the difference between legacy and UEFI and the settings that can be seen in the bios. After a lot of Googling, reading and trail and error, I re-installed windows in UEFI and now everything works as intended. I even installed Win 8.1 on my friends mac using EFI in order to get that extra fast boot and shutdown time :) So to anyone reading and googling my question - I got the PS/2 working after I installed Windows 7 in UEFI, and both ultra fast boot and fast boot worked afterwards. Why the PS/2 port wouldn't work before when Windows was installed in legacy is beyond me. I turned off all legacy USB settings but those aren't related to the PS/2 port, so who knows. As for having an UEFI complaint GFX, that is only needed for Windows 8 so that you can turn off CSM and get super duper fast boot. Windows 7 doesn't support this. Your GFX manufacturer might have released an updated BIOS like Asus has to my 680 GTX. GOP UEFI BIOS Available for ASUS GeForce GTX 680 Series Graphics Cards and a guide to install using Windows 7 or 8 using UEFI RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide :)
    CPU 3570K
    Cooler Noctua NH-C14
    Motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
    RAM Corsair 8GB 1866MHz
    PSU Seasonic Platinum 760W
    GFX Asus DCII TOP 680GTX
    SSD Samsung 840 256GB
    SSD Kingston SSDNow V+180 128GB
    HDD Western Digital AV-GP 2TB

Thread Information