Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force Sometimes Won't POST With Error 94

Default Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force Sometimes Won't POST With Error 94

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, my Z97X-SOC Force refuses to POST, hanging in a black screen with code 94 ("PCI Bus enumeration for detecting how many resources are requested") until I forcefully restart it. This is a major issue because it's so intermittent I'll never be able to return it for this. It just happens at random whenever it feels like it. I can't deliberately induce it to prove it to the retailer. Sometimes I can boot it 20+ times in a row and it won't happen. I've tried all the usual things like removing all the cards, reflashing the BIOS etc. Trying to go through BIOS settings one at a time is futile, because the issue is just too elusive. I'd have to be restarting the damned thing non-stop all day.

What does "PCI Bus enumeration for detecting how many resources are requested" even mean anyway? Is it relevant to only PCI slots or PCI-E as well?

ViRuS2k is offline Member

Default Re: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force Sometimes Won't POST With Error 94

have a look at your memory test it
    if that does not work bump up vring

Thread Information