Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

rob909e is offline Junior Member

Default GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

Any help would be VERY appreciated!

I've had this board for a few years now and I have never been able to to load up the optimized defaults in BIOS without a BSOD moments later. If I disable Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it solves all my problems and my box runs fine. Why? I've got a Intel i7 3770k. Shouldn't I be able to run with Intel turbo boost enabled? I've tried with windows 8 and windows 7 and it does the same thing. BSOD. How can I get Intel Turbo boost Technology working in BIOS with my CPU without a BSOD? Is there another BIOS setting that maybe needs tweaking or a setting in Windows that compliments the boost in BIOS? Should I increase vCORE or something like that....? Any thoughts?

Default Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

really, no one?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H rev1.1 F20e BSOD if Intel Turbo Boost is auto optimized defaults

Really, you mean the standard optimized defaults, and not an auto OC setting?

That is with any BIOS version available, they all do that for you? Just disabling Turbo fixes the BSOD? If so, that is beyond ridiculous.

Please understand that your problem sounds ridiculous, which may be why no one commented.

Any idea what the BSOD code number is, or the main error message is? Is it the same all the time?

A screenshot of the BIOS screen with the Turbo option in it when enabled would help, we might see what other option settings are that may be related. Normally putting a USB flash drive in a USB port and then pressing F12 will do a screenshot saved to the USB flash drive.

Did you ever notice if another option changes when Turbo is enabled or disabled?

Hi, go through your bios with a very fine comb, check all the settings as there could be a default that is not compatible with your cpu. I haven't seen this myself but I will try to replicate it on my i5. Will post back soon with an update.

I had originally customized and purchased this new PC from CyberpowerPC.com. about 2 years ago. Its been sent back twice with the same results, their tech couldn't find anything wrong with it. I've made videos, screen captures, and dump reports, and NO ONE has been able to fix this problem. Now that I'm 2 years in, I'm no longer covered by the WARRANTY. Its as easy as this.... If turbo boost is set to AUTO OR ENABLED then the computer will 100% crash sometime in the next few hours or minutes. If I turn Turbo Boost to DISABLED in BIOS then my system does NOT crash at all. Because turbo boost is set to auto when you load the optimized defaults, figuring out that the problem was related to turbo boost has taken me the entire time that i've owned this computer, 2 years.

I can upload a dumpfile, if anyone wants to look at it, only Im not sure how much to set the paging file to? Since I have 16GB of RAM, should I set my Pagefile to 16GB for the purpose of the dump? my paging file is set to 400mb - 2000MB since Im on a SSD with 16GB of ram. For the purpuse of viewing the dump should I set it to 16GB?

I've got a brief summary of older dumps, only when these dumps were taken, I only had 8 gb of ram.

On Fri 7/12/2013 8:36:51 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071213-4851-01.dmp
    uptime: 01:36:54
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80071E6028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 7/12/2013 8:36:51 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    uptime: 01:36:54
    This was probably caused by the following module: wow64win.sys (wow64win+0x4164A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80071E6028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: wow64win.sys .
    Google query: wow64win.sys WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

On Fri 7/12/2013 6:25:51 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071213-5148-01.dmp
    uptime: 03:16:03
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800725F028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 7/11/2013 8:27:27 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071113-5210-01.dmp
    uptime: 04:33:41
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007259028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Here is a video that I made that shows it happening
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLYv...csah5yXjshAEHQ
    Last edited by rob909e; 09-19-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Wow. Can anyone give me some advice or what?

parsec is offline Senior Member

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD is a typical error seen when a CPU is over clocked and does not get enough voltage.

You're probably not getting any replies in this thread because so much basic information is lacking. Plus pre-built PCs don't get much respect... just saying.

Such as, is the CPU run at stock clocks, or is it over clocked? We need a screen shot of the BIOS settings of the screen that includes the Turbo option. We have no idea what the CPU voltage is set to, as well as system temperatures.

Does this BSOD happen randomly, or during a specific activity?

CyberpowerPC could not duplicate the problem? Of course, who knows how they test.

The F20e BIOS version you have is not listed on the board's download page, so I assume it's yet another beta BIOS of some kind. You must have used different BIOS versions in the past, and they all caused the BSOD?

I thought I would update the situation. Since I was having issues with USB 3.0 I decided to purchase a new Motherboard. I ended up replacing my Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H Mobo with a new ASRock Z77 Extreme 6. Although this did fix my issues with USB, it did NOT fix my issues with Intel Turbo Boost Technology crashing my computer. If I disable this in bios, on both the old and new Mobo, my computer works with no crashes, however, if I load the optimized defaults, which turns on Intel Turbo Boost Technology, I am guaranteed BSOD's within minutes. The only difference between my old Mobo and the new one, the computer crashes almost instantly if Intel Turbo Boost is on by default in bios with the new board. Please, PLEASE what information do you need to help diagnose the issue. I can get screenshots of every bios setting, even though that it would take close to 30 pics. But what else should I do? Should I set windows 7 to write a Kernel memory dump, or a small memory dump? I have 16GB of ram and my main drive, C:, is a SSD. If a full dump is required can I have the contents written to another drive, an actuall HD on E:, Is that possible? What other apps should I use to help diagnose the issue? CPUZ? As far as Overclocking, No. I have never even tried. I do know that since my processor is a Intel 3770K, if Intel Turbo Boost Technology is left on, my processor will run between 3.5GHz - 3.9GHz, opportunistically OCing as the CPU see's fit. My Power SUpply Unit is a Corsair CMPSU 850TX V2, If that helps.
    Last edited by rob909e; 10-25-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Thread Information