Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte Z97x-SOC - i7 4790k

Default Re: Gigabyte Z97x-SOC - i7 4790k

well thats a motherboard issue?

now that i have left my RAM on 1333 and cpu 4.4 as it was a default bios setting it is nor restarting anymore. So its down to some sort of oc and ram oc.

FPSNige is offline Junior Member

I'm having practically the same issue.

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC boot failure

Thing is I've got high end cooling. Yet still it runs hot. I've not touched easytune as I usually don't install the crap bundled.

I'll try a reseating my EK supreme HF. I honestly miss my i7 920.

Laurens Dragicevic is offline Junior Member

I got the same problem, the problem is not the temperature because it also happens on tasks that barely uses cpu power.

I wanted to contact support of gigabyte, but it says mailbox is unavaliable. Damn.... Thinking about RMAíng this board, and switch it for another.

Do it, mate. Don't waste your time!

I've tried different ram, graphics cards, hard driver configurations, beta, alpha and official BIOS revisions, USB ports, bare essential start ups and all end the same.

Gigabyte support were of very little help and I'm being my 28 days no quibble return.

I'm at the point of buying another board, probably MSI and RMA this board to sell the return!

Laurens Dragicevic is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FPSNige View Post
    Do it, mate. Don't waste your time!

I've tried different ram, graphics cards, hard driver configurations, beta, alpha and official BIOS revisions, USB ports, bare essential start ups and all end the same.

Gigabyte support were of very little help and I'm being my 28 days no quibble return.

I'm at the point of buying another board, probably MSI and RMA this board to sell the return!
    Thanks for the tip, I will wait until monday. Do not want to be without a mobo in the weekend and I'm still waiting for a reply, it's a hassle to remove it, well, that is easy, but I got a katana 4 cooler on it, but damn, it's a freaky annoyance to mount it (lol).

The board itself is beatiful, I hope they can solve the problem.

I feel your pain, man. I'm on a custom waterxooles loop. That's the sole reason I've been stubborn and trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Now its an even bigger headache! Honestly, this issue is so widespread its astonishing that Gigabyte seem ti be burying their head in the sand.

Teddybehr is offline Member

I feel your pain, man. I'm on a custom waterxooles loop. That's the sole reason I've been stubborn and trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Now its an even bigger headache! Honestly, this issue is so widespread its astonishing that Gigabyte seem ti be burying their head in the sand.

"I've tried different ram, graphics cards, hard driver configurations, beta, alpha and official BIOS revisions".
    Please check on the Latest Beta BIOS thread to see if it fixes your problems
    I see you have F6 and I think the latest is F7b. Disregard this post if your tried it already.
    Keep submitting tickets to Gigabyte.
    Post in "Latest beta bios" thread next time (if not already done). Stasio forwards some comments to Gigabyte R&D.
    Last edited by Teddybehr; 07-24-2015 at 04:47 AM. Reason: typo
    Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
    16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
    OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
    Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Yup, currently on F7B. Still the system will lock up on first boot > boot detection failure detected > enter BIOS > F10 - Alls good till the system is off for >1hour.

Teddybehr is offline Member

Yup, currently on F7B. Still the system will lock up on first boot > boot detection failure detected > enter BIOS > F10 - Alls good till the system is off for >1hour.
    I was pretty sure you did but keep posting and checking the "Latest beta BIOS" thread.
    Stasio forwards to Gigabyte R&D some comments.
    You use the latest drivers and fixes too?
    regards
    Last edited by Teddybehr; 07-24-2015 at 05:00 AM.
    Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
    16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
    OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
    Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Yes, mate. I, like all good boys, never use the drivers supplied on the CD and head straight to the drivers & support page for the latest drivers.

Ive re-opened my ticket with Gigabyte. Perhaps something will come of it. I did try toubleshooting with Stasio to begin with, and he was a star, but eventually he pointed me to Gigabyte Support.

A quick search shows its not isolated:

Z97X SOC Rev 1 (not force) cold boot issues

My thread: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC boot failure

Z97x-soc problems

cold boot problem with Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC

Thanks for the pointers. If you have anything else Id be glad to hear it, incase Ive overlooked anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information