Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Z87X-UD4H no bios




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5

    Default Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Hello!

    Sadly, I see that this problem has been discussed here not once.
    Although, I couldn't find a solution yet. Need your help.

    New build: Z87X-UD4H, i7-4790K, Fractal Design Newton 600 PSU.
    The problem:
    If DualBios is activated, PC is just restarting endlessly .
    Starts only in single Bios mode, no debug codes displayed, no VGA nor any other video out.
    Active only PSU, MB and CPU with its fan nothing else is plugged in. Case fans are MB independent.
    Cmos reset gives no results.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks
    Last edited by dropmann; 10-08-2014 at 01:33 AM.

  2. #2
    boondocks's Avatar
    boondocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Live Oak, Florida
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Quote Originally Posted by dropmann View Post
    Hello!

    Sadly, I see that this problem has been discussed here not once.
    Although, I couldn't find a solution yet. Need your help.

    New build: Z87X-UD4H, i7-4790K, Fractal Design Newton 600 PSU.
    The problem:
    If DualBios is activated, PC is just restarting endlessly .
    Starts only in single Bios mode, no debug codes displayed, no VGA nor any other video out.
    Active only PSU, MB and CPU with its fan nothing else is plugged in. Case fans are MB independent.
    Cmos reset gives no results.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks
    Welcome!
    Try setting the BIOS switch back for dual BIOS, put the latest BIOS on a USB stick and boot, hit End to enter Qflash and reflash the BIOS.
    See if that works for you.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

    Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

    SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    Welcome!
    Try setting the BIOS switch back for dual BIOS, put the latest BIOS on a USB stick and boot, hit End to enter Qflash and reflash the BIOS.
    See if that works for you.
    It won't boot on DualBios.
    As far I understand it now, the current Bios has no support for my i7-4790K CPU.
    The support was added in F9 version.
    Seems the only way is to install a non-4th generation CPU, update Bios to F9 and enjoy the flight.
    I don't have any LGA 1150 processors lying around .
    Is there any direct flashing on Giga boards?

    Cheers
    Last edited by dropmann; 10-08-2014 at 05:24 AM.

  4. #4
    boondocks's Avatar
    boondocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Live Oak, Florida
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Quote Originally Posted by dropmann View Post
    It won't boot on DualBios.
    As far I understand it now, the current Bios has no support for my i7-4790K CPU.
    The support was added in F9 version.
    Seems the only way to install a non-4th generation CPU, update Bios to F9 and enjoy the flight.
    I don't have any LGA 1150 processors lying around .
    Is there any direct flashing on Giga boards?

    Cheers
    No, no direct flash.
    Looks like you might be right about needing another cpu to flash newest BIOS. That's rough.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

    Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

    SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    No, no direct flash.
    Looks like you might be right about needing another cpu to flash newest BIOS. That's rough.
    Yeah, considering that all compatibility was reviewed before the purchase.
    Retailer will probably send me to their lab for the procedure and charge me.
    Bummers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Comet 67P ( Exploring with Philae - Rosetta Lander)
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Quote Originally Posted by dropmann View Post
    Yeah, considering that all compatibility was reviewed before the purchase.
    Retailer will probably send me to their lab for the procedure and charge me.
    Bummers.
    Yes, sorry about that, run into a similar problem. Fortunately I still have my 4670k whiles testing the Devil's Canyon. I upgraded to f10 bios though, just for some peace of mind to test using the older Haswell. Personally, I prefer the f8d bios for the z87x-ud4h so I flashed back after testing the Haswell(Canyon). Although all z97x boards I've had the opportunity to test have booted up with no issues and cold boot gremlins, I still like the z87x-ud4h because it has so much on board connectors. I hope Gigabyte keeps updating the bios for it.
    i5 4670k - z87x-ud4h (soho)
    16gb RipJaws
    Corsair PSU, 7870 HD OC 2GB
    Samsung SSD , 3 WD Black Storage.
    Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) z97x- Soc(test bench@4790k, 32gb gskill)
    z97x-Ud5h(workstation)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Well, apparently the board was defective.
    I hope it didn't fry the CPU.
    What a surprise from a second largest manufacturer in the world.
    Anyway, it wouldn't be my first choice if it was not the easiest option to install OSX.
    This week is lost.
    I'll test the replacement board in store, if it's a no-go again, I'll pick up Asus, that would be my first choice.
    Last edited by dropmann; 10-09-2014 at 12:13 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Moldova
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Quote Originally Posted by dropmann View Post
    Well, apparently the board was defective.
    I hope it didn't fry the CPU.
    What a surprise from a second largest manufacturer in the world.
    Anyway, it wouldn't be my first choice if it was not the easiest option to install OSX.
    This week is lost.
    I'll test the replacement board in store, if it's a no-go again, I'll pick up Asus, that would be my first choice.

    Hi!

    Did you solve the problem? Is your CPU alive? Recently I got my MB, and I have exactly the same problem with absolutely the same configuration:
    GA-Z87X-UD4H and Intel Core i7 4790K. I've tried it with previous Haswell generation and different PSU's. No luck though.
    No pins are bent on the CPU socket too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Comet 67P ( Exploring with Philae - Rosetta Lander)
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Did you have the dual bios switch on when updating the bios? What Bios version are you running currently f9 or f10? If after updating the bios to support the 4790k, you are still having issues booting you could take dropmann's suggestion and try to get a replacement board. Gigabyte rep told me the boards are compatible with Devil's Canyon Haswells as long as you've updated to the right bios version for your motherboard. I'm not sure if this is a factor at all, but is your motherboard revison 1.0 or 1.x ?

    In my experience, that issue doesn't necessarily fry the CPU since it can boot in single bios mode. But, there is no harm done in being careful when trouble shooting especially swapping power supplies to test.
    i5 4670k - z87x-ud4h (soho)
    16gb RipJaws
    Corsair PSU, 7870 HD OC 2GB
    Samsung SSD , 3 WD Black Storage.
    Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) z97x- Soc(test bench@4790k, 32gb gskill)
    z97x-Ud5h(workstation)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Moldova
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Z87X-UD4H no bios

    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacToe View Post
    Did you have the dual bios switch on when updating the bios? What Bios version are you running currently f9 or f10? If after updating the bios to support the 4790k, you are still having issues booting you could take dropmann's suggestion and try to get a replacement board. Gigabyte rep told me the boards are compatible with Devil's Canyon Haswells as long as you've updated to the right bios version for your motherboard. I'm not sure if this is a factor at all, but is your motherboard revison 1.0 or 1.x ?

    In my experience, that issue doesn't necessarily fry the CPU since it can boot in single bios mode. But, there is no harm done in being careful when trouble shooting especially swapping power supplies to test.

    Well, I cant even get to BIOS, in order to update it since all I get is black screen. If I use single BIOS feature, then it doesnt keep restarting repeatedly but still I see only black screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •