Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Running 8 GB of RAMs with EP45-DS3R

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Running 8 GB of RAMs with EP45-DS3R

The references are applied between the CPU and MCH so likely if you had it overclocked with no need to alter them you may not need them now, though being on auto you might had VTT sky high. Increasing VTT and tuning references serve the same purpose, IMO tuning references is more elegant than just pushing up VTT.
    You can try and boo with VTT in auto and see what the actual value is(was) with EasyTune. If it's much higher than 1.2 you may need to tweak the references to keep the low VTT.

Can't say anything definitive, but higher MCH is commonly required with so much RAM. I don't think you will find such configuration on the compatibility list, probably because it was not available when it was made, or because such configuration is not trivial.

The MCH control all the memory functions therefore more memory = more work, higher frequency = more work, more memory + higher frequency = much more work. In servers that needed a lot of memory this is bypassed with buffered memory.

Prequel is offline Member

I set VTT to auto, it set it to 1.20. I tested it with LinX for 7 mins (manually stopped it due to temp) no problems. I can do gaming for further testing. What else? I didn't touch MCH, do I set it to 1.22? And Reference? 0.74?

Is 1.2v VTT is the target reading in EasyTune? Don't pay much attention to what you see in BIOS.
    Well if it's stable no need to touch anything, what temps you get with LinX and Prime95(24k FFT in place)?

Yes the target is 1.20v.

I got 81-83c with LinX before I stopped. I don't get high CPU temps in games, it doesn't go above 70. Not even that high. I'm not sure what you mean by 24k FFT in place but I just ran Prime95 small FFT test (because it said maximum heat) for 5 mins, it didn't go beyond 74c.

What should I do if it isn't stable with current settings then? MCH to 1.22 and Ref to 0.74?

You can enter the FFT size manually, if you enter both min and max 24 it will run this size only. For me on the C2D 24k ran hottest of all.
    MCH to 1.22 then 1.24 if still not stable. Only hn try the MCH reference if still not stable.
    Change only one setting at a timeto be sure what made the change.

And how will lowering the MCH Reference help? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Prequel View Post
    And how will lowering the MCH Reference help? :)
    Understanding GTL Reference Voltage

I just received BSOD in Trackmania 2 after about 15 mins of play. No issues on Ghost Recon tough, about 30-45+ mins. Then I uninstalled Ghost Recon tough, that airport chapter is too annoying.

Here's my WhoCrashed:

It hang first, then I tried to Alt+Tab and all its variants with no success, unlike before, then it gave me BSOD.

Now that I received a BSOD in this game I am convinced that this isn't about the game. I now set MCH Core to 1.22v. Let's see what happens.

Edit: Set to 1.22v and couldn't even play for 5 mins TM2 now. No BSOD or anything. The game hang, a small miliseconds of loop during hang, sent me to desktop while it's still on. Saw no driver stopped message but there's a fair chance it stopped since it usually happens when this happens, couldn't get back to the game even with "bring to front". Had to end process.

And this type of funny business when in desktop after game's hang:

I really don't get why this game gives me so quick errors. I mean I played hours of Far Cry 4 with almost no problems. Is this really not about the game? How could it not? ...And how could it? Both options seems impossible. :D Please take away my burden.

Go for more MCH Core or try other games? I guess I'll try other games until you reply.
    Last edited by Prequel; 01-18-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Maybe it isn't memory issue, bugcheck 0x113 is directx error
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx
    Driver or perhaps game/driver issue?

BTW have you ran any memory tests on the new memory alone?
    Last edited by Chike; 01-18-2015 at 08:02 AM.

It is 133. :)
    Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (Windows Debuggers)

I looked up this page before I posted but couldn't make anything out of it.

I think I did ran new memories alone.
    Quoting myself,
    But some time ago I tested Kingston RAMs (at 800MHz) with Memtest86+ for 24 hours and it didn't show a single error. After thinking they're okay for a while I started to think if it could still be faulty and Memtest86+ didn't show it because I tested it at low settings? Last night I tested Kingston RAMs at 1066MHz @ 5-5-5-15 timings with 2.2v for 7 hours, still no single error.
    I don't think I would say "Kingston RAMs" if I tested 'em with OCZs.

Remember I said "no GPU/driver issue"? With settings that BIOS resets to for overclock protection (e.g. 2.66GHz CPU 800MHz RAM all auto voltages) I played this game for 1 hour and I was recording the damn thing with FRAPS at the same time, it didn't even blink.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information