Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Running 8 GB of RAMs with EP45-DS3R

Prequel is offline Member

Default Re: Running 8 GB of RAMs with EP45-DS3R

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prequel View Post
    CPU ref 0.785: Prime blend with SSE codes you wrote.
    Didn't help much the temps, maybe customize blend Min FFT 128 or 256 see if that lower them, or maybe see if OCCT is running cooler.
    Best set CPU fan to max. If the MB has fan speed control in health you can set it to voltage so it will be quieter at lower temps.
    Also when running prime95, or other stress use as much memory as possible.

Can you tell me what this is? :(
    What exactly am I seeing there?
    Last edited by Chike; 01-21-2015 at 11:19 PM.

So do I change voltages or not?

You're seeing COD:AW, low CPU-GPU usage causes low fps. Why? Is my question.

So do I change voltages or not?

You're seeing COD:AW, low CPU-GPU usage causes low fps. Why? Is my question.
    I have no idea, paging file is set back to default?
    What CPU/MCH ref are you using now? Try with default settings and see if there is any difference

MCH ref default. CPU ref is 0.785. Defaults? Haven't we already covered that? :)

I just set pagefile to auto, restarted, set RAMs to 1072MHz on the way to see if RAM frequency was bringing me down (as in Far Cry 4), but still GPU usage and fps drops.

These are the full MSI Afterburner log I just took:

All are part of the same time frame. Do you see how much GPU usage and fps changes? Sure I didn't exactly play the way I should for testing purposes but even it that explains fps, GPU usage shouldn't vary that much.

MCH ref default. CPU ref is 0.785. Defaults? Haven't we already covered that? :)
    I don't know, the way you present it is like something have changed for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Prequel
    I just set pagefile to auto, restarted, set RAMs to 1072MHz on the way to see if RAM frequency was bringing me down (as in Far Cry 4), but still GPU usage and fps drops.

All are part of the same time frame. Do you see how much GPU usage and fps changes? Sure I didn't exactly play the way I should for testing purposes but even it that explains fps, GPU usage shouldn't vary that much.
    Is this different from what you had before?
    See what you get with MaxxMEM² - PreView

In Far Cry 4 I had low fps and some drops, don't exactly remember GPU usage but going from 800 to 965MHz RAM frequency helped get rid of fps issues almost completely. IIRC GPU usage got fixed with that.

No such thing in COD:AW as I described.

If you're asking pagefile, yes, video on post #151 had 1-4GB pagefile but after that I tried it at audo while RAMs were still 800, there were still fps issues. So SS above is not caused by instability or something.

If you're asking other games, no, I don't have this problem with every game but I probably will, with demanding games.

Oh and I have been having problems running Evil Within at any settings and people are reporting playing that game at high settings with my GPU. But I am sceptical about that game, so it may not be a good example.

But I have a feeling I'll have issues with Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition when I play them. (DA:I won't work on Win 8 and SoM has to wait as I have already 5 games I am playing)

Actually so far 1072 is looking pretty good. I am starting to think that the issue is not about performance settings, but voltage settings, and completely about 4 sticks and motherboard and whatnot.

Here is MaxxMem2:

Any good?

Memory pervormance as expected for the settings

Try Static tRead Value 8 for both channels, try 7, works for me with those timings, 2 memory sticks though, try one tick up memmory voltage if
    unstable.

Are those games even meant to run on this kind of processor/GPU?

Images below is what I get for 2 different settings,
    Left is DDR-800 with tRD 9 I think, and right DDR-1066 with tRD 7.
    Note the difference, ~12.9% increase in read, and ~ 9% lower latency. Not sure why write are better with DDR-800 :/

I decided I won't rely on TM2 for stability test. And I won't run Prime 95 either. At least for now.

I tried to OC CPU some more without changing voltages. 3.4, 3.5, 3.55, 3.6, 3.8... Nothing worked. The farthest I reached was to fail in LinX.

I lowered Performance Level to 8. Seen some crazy 49 ms memory latency, multiple times actually, don't know what to make of it. Guess program bug. GB/sec memory score haven't changed much.

Let LinX to complete once with this setup, no issues.

I'll do gaming, gaming bechmark like 3D Mark, Heaven, and encoding for stability test. And maybe take a look at OCCT.
    I tried encoding but somehow meGUI decided to not work, even at downclocked values, I guess I messed up the program last time I used it. Just ran Heaven, no issues except very minor flicker (see YT) that may be software related. I'll do some gaming next. I decided it should be long and uninterrupted. I am planning 2 hours at least, 3-4 hours possibly. What's your opinion?

Is there a way to place this fan into this cooler? There're no screws on the fan. Can I just pull the propeller out and then somehow detach its core component and then attach them together? Is my only option cutting it? And if I cut it, will I have a problem? I dunno I guess it's not really something to think about it but I keep thinking I'll do something irreversible and the fan I just bought will go to waste. :)

Any suggestions for taking GPU apart? I have no idea what's under my 560 Ti Hawk. Hope it won't be much trouble.

Must I use alcohol to clean the surfaces? I am already looking through the internet but how do you recommend I should apply thermal paste? A drop in the middle?

Maybe you need a bit more voltage to OC higher but use 2.00D or 2.40B SMM. the P45 itself can OC over 500MHz.
    Scores for tRD 8:

I have managed latency 51-52, but that was with over 500MHz FSB. With the same FSB , memory timings and DDR, you should get results similar to mine, I'll set tRD 8 and see what I get.

LinX is the worse of them all, it runs hotter than Prime95, not a must to test stability.
    OCCT should be good enough if it runs cooler. I recall Lsdmeassap used a memory stress program for windows I forgot what it was, or you can run Prime95 with 2-3 workers set to run on any cpu.

As I said before everyone make their own stable definition. If it doesn't crash and runs smoothly (as it can) and you are happy with it than it's fine.

I don't know this cooler, it looks somewhat like my old CNPS 8700, seems like that even if there is a way to replace fan it needs to be a custom fan for this cooler.

You can find (almost) everything you need on youtube :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdniqmf3f38

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information