Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question re GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Rev 1.3

Britgeezer is offline Member

Default Re: Question re GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Rev 1.3

Thanks.

There are some pretty bad strikes against some of those cards. Not unusual but...
    Any idea if the cards permit pass through of smart data, some apparently don't.

Thinking I was being smart .... I ordered the more recent model SATA3 Rosewill RC-226, turns out that also uses Marvell chipset and I couldn't get it to work with the Mediasonic Probox HF2-SU352. Fortunately it can be returned.

I ordered Mediasonic SATA 3.0 HP1-SS3 and the recommended SYBA card, the Mediasonic arrived first Just the card, no drivers they apparently installed from the OS during boot, it confirmed 106X SATA controller ver 0.95AHCI mode - using PCIE Gen 2 but then even though the drivebox is connected to the card and powered up (has to be turned on each 2-30 secs otherwise it shuts down) BIOS screen then shows "can find any device".

The probox is all the while showing USB 3.0, I can't get it to cycle to eSATA, I assume until it finds a valid connection. Catch 22.

Mediasonic Tech support and forums are down of course.

Any ideas?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    Thinking I was being smart .... I ordered the more recent model SATA3 Rosewill RC-226, turns out that also uses Marvell chipset and I couldn't get it to work with the Mediasonic Probox HF2-SU352. Fortunately it can be returned.

I ordered Mediasonic SATA 3.0 HP1-SS3 and the recommended SYBA card, the Mediasonic arrived first Just the card, no drivers they apparently installed from the OS during boot, it confirmed 106X SATA controller ver 0.95AHCI mode - using PCIE Gen 2 but then even though the drivebox is connected to the card and powered up (has to be turned on each 2-30 secs otherwise it shuts down) BIOS screen then shows "can find any device".

The probox is all the while showing USB 3.0, I can't get it to cycle to eSATA, I assume until it finds a valid connection. Catch 22.

Mediasonic Tech support and forums are down of course.

Any ideas?
    I found this marketing information about the Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2, which I assume is the model you have.

The Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 Pro Box is a 4-Bay Enclosure for 3.5" SATA I/II hard disk drive. It supports four HDDs of different brands and capacities up to 4TB per drive. Dual eSATA and USB 3.0 external interface enable a blistering fast data transfer speed of up to 6Gbps and 5Gbps respectively, and switching between USB and eSATA is as simple as pressing a button. (Motherboard's SATA port MUST support Port Multiplier in order for your computer to recognize a multiple hard drive if the unit is connected via eSATA)

Seems to be a magical switch to change between USB3.0 and eSATA, must be there somewhere.

I put the part about Port Multipliers in bold because I have yet to find an Intel SATA chipset that supports port multipliers, yours does not, sorry to say. Hopefully the SYBA card does provide that support.

I wanted to say thanks for the information.

A recap - I looked at the SYBA card and NE indicated it was SATA2, so in a moment of madness I ordered all 3 cards thinking SATA3 had to be better.

The result may be interesting:

1. Roswill turned out to be another Marvell based chipset - would not work with Probox at all even though it loaded the correct drivers.
    2. Mediasonic could only see one HD. When its website eventually came back up (down several days) they confirmed special drivers were needed.
    3. Seyba worked right out of the box, although the box is not clear if its SATA 2 or 3. NE states its SATA 2.

Thought you would enjoy the Mediasonic forum admin comment - if you have SYBA SIL card - use that, SIL is a better chipset!

Thanks to AZN prime the less than perfect cards are going back.
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-01-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information