Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 Fan speeds

Default GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 Fan speeds

I've recently setup a new rig with a GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 motherboard. Everything seems to be working great with the exception of the built in fan control. Using the System Information Viewer utility I have the fans set using Smart Fan Auto on the Full Speed setting. If I then click on the System Alerts tab it lists the fans running at around 800 RPM. I've tried using the Smart Fan Advanced tab and clicking the Calibrate button but even then nothing seems to change. Is there some basic setting somewhere that I am missing that lets me configure the speed for the fans? It seems like this utility should do exactly what I want, I just cannot get it to run the fans at anything but 800RPM.

The attached fans are the following:
    - 2x Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans
    - 1x NZXT Kraken (this is actually the pump for a water cooler)

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 Fan speeds

Which fans headers are you using on the mother board? All the fan headers may not have the same type of speed control.

Did you check the BIOS for fan speed configuration options?

It seems you have a Fractal R5 case, since the GP14 fans seem to be provided only with that case. Any chance those fans have low noise adapters connected to them? The Fractal R2 fans have a low noise adapter, that runs the fans at 800RPM.

The Full Speed setting may lock the fan at full speed, although 800RPM is not the full speed according to the specs, which is 1000RPM.

Thread Information