Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gigabyte bios rollback question

Default Re: Gigabyte bios rollback question

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    HUH....fptw64....?

Seems you use windows ftp instead of DOS files....

Only for DOS flashing:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?1ml4lxk6w6cwe89
    Uh ok.. when i originally made this post i asked about the mac address thing, i saw the guide but it's a bit confusing to me since i'm unexperienced, this is the only way to do it?
    And thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by Insight-; 01-17-2015 at 11:06 PM.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Yea,that is only easy way (have one more with FTK ,but is complicated for you).
    Strange,in Windows will be easier.

For DOS (bootable USB) ...only fpt and fparts are required.....(of course + BIOS).
    Last edited by stasio; 01-17-2015 at 11:15 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Yea,that is only easy way (have one more with FTK ,but is complicated for you).
    Strange,in Windows will be easier.

For DOS (bootable USB) ...only fpt and fparts are required.....(of course + BIOS).
    I also tried to overwrite the first bios keeping the power button and the reset button pressed after shutting down the PC, but the pc turned on automatically after few seconds when i was pressing, so seems this is not working for me, not sure if the backup bios is updated too
    Last edited by Insight-; 01-17-2015 at 11:38 PM.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Download this zipped file with BIOS F8, unzip and start Autoexec (Run as administrator) in Windows.

https://www.mediafire.com/?j2wvunvmu7wmuia

Btw,
    easy method of Backup take over Main BIOS:

(1) The PC has to be off.
    (2) Press and hold down the power button. Don't let go.
    (3) The PC will turn on. A few seconds later, the PC will turn off again by itself.
    (4) Let go of the power button at this point.

Next start, the Backup BIOS will take over.
    Last edited by stasio; 01-18-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Download this zipped file with BIOS F8, unzip and start Autoexec (Run as administrator) in Windows.

https://www.mediafire.com/?j2wvunvmu7wmuia

Btw,
    easy method of Backup take over Main BIOS:

(1) The PC has to be off.
    (2) Press and hold down the power button. Don't let go.
    (3) The PC will turn on. A few seconds later, the PC will turn off again by itself.
    (4) Let go of the power button at this point.

Next start, the Backup BIOS will take over.
    Thank you. When i get to home i'll try the zipped file, anyway that's the metod i used to try to take over the main bios, i turned off my pc, i pressed the button and pc turned itself on, i kept pressing and the pc turned off, i kept the pressure for other 5-6 seconds (maybe that's the problem?).. when i restarted nothing happened... maybe even the backup bios is the same version of the main.. or i don't know.
    Last edited by Insight-; 01-19-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Hi, seems that even the new zipped file isn't working, i even set all the files as administrator but nothing.. very strange..
    Edit: running it normally it works! i'll give more info soon.

joze123 is offline Junior Member

Arrow Re: Gigabyte bios rollback question

Quote Originally Posted by Insight- View Post
    Hi, seems that even the new zipped file isn't working, i even set all the files as administrator but nothing.. very strange.. Edit: running it normally it works! i'll give more info soon.
    Hello! 1st of all i am sorry i came in the middle of your conversation, but i have identical problem (laggy bios, and other things) as yourself! I cant downgrade bios. Btw, as i can see in your previous response
    Edit: running it normally it works! i'll give more info soon.
    i am interested in trying the same solution... looking forward for the info you will give in respond. I am not an "advanced" PC user, and i am afraid of doing somthing like that myself (flashing bios with this method using ftp intel flasher.)
    Download this zipped file with BIOS F8, unzip and start Autoexec (Run as administrator) in Windows. https://www.mediafire.com/?j2wvunvmu7wmuia
    i have done some research, and found this http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...55-1150-a.html i'm kinda scared of trying (flashing with ftp) just becouse of this thing.... Deleting MAC and some other firmware of GbE. PS: tried this method
    Btw, easy method of Backup take over Main BIOS: (1) The PC has to be off. (2) Press and hold down the power button. Don't let go. (3) The PC will turn on. A few seconds later, the PC will turn off again by itself. (4) Let go of the power button at this point. Next start, the Backup BIOS will take over.
    Does not work for me.
    Last edited by joze123; 01-20-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Quotes

Hi. I tried the program you zipped for me and as i said it worked, but i had a bad experience. When the program opened i saw a yellow message saying that something was missing but it started erasing and writing so i thought it was normal. After using the program, the pc wasn't starting anymore, but clearing the cmos luckily the motherboard detected that something went wrong and the main bios has been overwrited with the backup bios (it was the f8 version).. so finally i had my f8 back..
    But now i have two problems. 1) my mac address is resetted i think.. it's like 88:88:88:88:88:88.. and 2) i can't access bios even if i press DEL.. and on windows compared a watermark Gigabyte bios rollback question-odmyhcz-png
    The PC is working great. I should do something with the mac address? and second thing, why i can't access bios? i want to overclock my sistem since everything is resetted.
    Last edited by Insight-; 01-20-2015 at 01:05 AM.

joze123 is offline Junior Member

Hi. I tried the program you zipped for me and as i said it worked, but i had a bad experience. When the program opened i saw a yellow message saying that something was missing but it started erasing and writing so i thought it was normal. After using the program, the pc wasn't starting anymore, but clearing the cmos luckily the motherboard detected that something went wrong and the main bios has been overwrited with the backup bios (it was the f8 version).. so finally i had my f8 back..
    But now i have two problems. 1) my mac address is resetted i think.. it's like 88:88:88:88:88:88.. and 2) i can't access bios even if i press DEL.. and on windows compared a watermark
    The PC is working great. I should do something with the mac address? and second thing, why i can't access bios? i want to overclock my sistem since everything is resetted.
    Well that was exactly what i was afraid of what would happen when flashing... as i said before i found this topic about the mac address http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...55-1150-a.html, it says exactly what happens when using that flashing tool, and how to fix it... but i'm no expert here, and even if i try this, i'm afraid of something worse that can happen.

GL i hope this helped a little.
    PS: i'm still searching for the answer / or easier way (guide) :)

i would recommend re-flashing your bios with f8 bios again (i know @bios - gigabyte software - isnt good doing that but... if i couldnt access bios (Q-flash) i would do that myself, or any other tool you know that could work (for the "unable" to access bios thing), about the mac lookup that link i posted.

I think i know what the problem with your watermark would be.... Windows OS is locked on PC on it's MAC address... check your windows licence if it's activated...

best regards
    Last edited by joze123; 01-20-2015 at 02:34 AM. Reason: recommendation / water mark answer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information