Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5

    Default After update from i7 950 to Xeon X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Hello guys, first post here, unfortunately, a big problem! :(


    My PC,
    Case Thermaltake Element G
    Mobo Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    Memory Ordinary 6x2GB kingston 1333MHZ
    SSD 840 Evo Samsung
    HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 0.5TB
    CPU Intel i7 950
    GPU EVGA GTX 980 SC
    PSU Zalman ZM460B-APS


    I decided to upgrade my system buying a refurbished Intel Xeon x5670. After changing it, the PC doesn't boot anymore, nothing appears on the screen and even the fan doesn't work. Put my old i7 950 back, still nothing!


    The first thing i thought was that the psu was gone! Tested the voltage of some wires while turned on, nothing! Bought a new one, Corsair AX760i.
    Tryed it, still doesn't boot, but some leds at the MOBO turn on just when i turn the PSU on, like you can see at the video! And keeps looping. When i turned the PSU off, a green and orange light came up!




    Please, any help?
    Last edited by carcassudo; 02-12-2015 at 07:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Cleared BIOS?
    GPU isn't needed?

  3. #3
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Quote Originally Posted by carcassudo View Post
    Hello guys, first post here, unfortunately, a big problem! :(


    My PC,
    Case Thermaltake Element G
    Mobo Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    Memory Ordinary 6x2GB kingston 1333MHZ
    SSD 840 Evo Samsung
    HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 0.5TB
    CPU Intel i7 950
    GPU EVGA GTX 980 SC
    PSU Zalman ZM460B-APS


    I decided to upgrade my system buying a refurbished Intel Xeon x5670. After changing it, the PC doesn't boot anymore, nothing appears on the screen and even the fan doesn't work. Put my old i7 950 back, still nothing!


    The first thing i thought was that the psu was gone! Tested the voltage of some wires while turned on, nothing! Bought a new one, Corsair AX760i.
    Tryed it, still doesn't boot, but some leds at the MOBO turn on just when i turn the PSU on, like you can see at the video! And keeps looping. When i turned the PSU off, a green and orange light came up!




    Please, any help?
    The Xeon X5670 is not listed in your board's CPU support list: GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)

    But we don't know if your Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board is a Revision 1.0 or 2.0 board. Actually that does not matter, since neither revision supports an X5670, sorry to say.

    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

    I can't tell if the compatibility problem is with the chipset (X58 on your board) or a CPU microcode issue (missing from the BIOS.)

    Since there are no Xeon X5600 series processors listed in the CPU compatibility list, the compatibility problem is most likely more than just the CPU microcode. The X5670 is only compatible with the Intel® 5500 and 5520 Series Chipsets as far as I can tell.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    First of all, thank tou for the reply!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Cleared BIOS?
    GPU isn't needed?
    Yes, i cleared bios and tested using the GPU. Above, another video with everything on, also the X5670.



    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The Xeon X5670 is not listed in your board's CPU support list: GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)

    But we don't know if your Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board is a Revision 1.0 or 2.0 board. Actually that does not matter, since neither revision supports an X5670, sorry to say.

    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

    I can't tell if the compatibility problem is with the chipset (X58 on your board) or a CPU microcode issue (missing from the BIOS.)

    Since there are no Xeon X5600 series processors listed in the CPU compatibility list, the compatibility problem is most likely more than just the CPU microcode. The X5670 is only compatible with the Intel® 5500 and 5520 Series Chipsets as far as I can tell.
    But, even when i go back to to the i950 it doesn't wotk, Still the same like that video! Is it possible the Xeon to screw up the Mobo?

  5. #5
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Any chance CPU socket is damaged? Worth inspecting pins.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Any chance CPU socket is damaged? Worth inspecting pins.
    I verified and it looks like normal:




    Sorry about the big image, but it is better to see!

  7. #7
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Looks alright, don't worry about the size, the bigger the better

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Looks alright, don't worry about the size, the bigger the better
    Is there anything i can do? I really like that config!

  9. #9
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Quote Originally Posted by carcassudo View Post
    Is there anything i can do? I really like that config!
    I really don't know, it is weird that the PSU died right after you have replaced CPU, so maybe there is some damage to board components too?
    You can try long clear CMOS with the battery out and jumper on CLR CMOS overnight, a bit of a voodoo but won't do no harm to try.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: After update from i7 950 to X5670, Mobo X58A-UD3R won't boot!!! [vídeo]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    I really don't know, it is weird that the PSU died right after you have replaced CPU, so maybe there is some damage to board components too?
    You can try long clear CMOS with the battery out and jumper on CLR CMOS overnight, a bit of a voodoo but won't do no harm to try.
    It doesn't have a jumper, so i took the battery out to stay overnight!

    Some news about my former zalman:

    1. Powering it on and touching the green wire with a black one, makes the fan works!
    2. Except purple wire, no one has it's voltage. Just purple is working!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •