Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (rev. 1.1) Not posting

Comet 67P ( Exploring with Philae - Rosetta Lander)

Default Re: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (rev. 1.1) Not posting

I'll assume that you tried the clear cmos suggested above. Anyway, what is the version of the bios you are running. Have you thought of updating to a higher bios version? Please note the instructions on new Bios upgrade if you choose to do that. I believe it can't be reversed the normal way, if I do recall correctly. So you might want to set the system to single bios mode and update only the main bios.
    Did you test the DVI ports and VGA ports too?? In the bios, is the integrated video the first choice and the discrete card second ? Since you have video displaying on the discrete have you checked again to see if integrated works now alongside?

I'm leaning towards a bios issue, did you try booting with the back up bios alone ?? I think these boards ship with an F6 Bios right??
    Last edited by TicTacToe; 06-03-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    i5 4670k - z87x-ud4h (soho)
    16gb RipJaws
    Corsair PSU, 7870 HD OC 2GB
    Samsung SSD , 3 WD Black Storage.
    Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) z97x- Soc(test bench@4790k, 32gb gskill)
    z97x-Ud5h(workstation)

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacToe View Post
    I'll assume that you tried the clear cmos suggested above. Anyway, what is the version of the bios you are running. Have you thought of updating to a higher bios version? Please note the instructions on new Bios upgrade if you choose to do that. I believe it can't be reversed the normal way, if I do recall correctly. So you might want to set the system to single bios mode and update only the main bios.
    Did you test the DVI ports and VGA ports too?? In the bios, is the integrated video the first choice and the discrete card second ? Since you have video displaying on the discrete have you checked again to see if integrated works now alongside?

I'm leaning towards a bios issue, did you try booting with the back up bios alone ?? I think these boards ship with an F6 Bios right??
    I did clear CMOS. Board is 1.1, but not certain of BIOS version. I was unable to test DVI and VGA due to a lack of cables, but was getting ready to do so when I plugged the video card back in and got it running.

I had planned all along to use a separate graphics card, so I may not try to fix the on board. Mainly irritated I spent days troubleshooting this to no avail and wanted to update this thread should anyone else encounter the problem.

meaganmargaret is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
    I did clear CMOS. Board is 1.1, but not certain of BIOS version. I was unable to test DVI and VGA due to a lack of cables, but was getting ready to do so when I plugged the video card back in and got it running.

I had planned all along to use a separate graphics card, so I may not try to fix the on board. Mainly irritated I spent days troubleshooting this to no avail and wanted to update this thread should anyone else encounter the problem.

I have a very similar problem on a Gigabyte X99 board. I think this may be a serious and severe design flaw with Gigabyte's board. The symptoms you describe are identical to ones I experienced with my X99 board. I think this is related to PCI enumeration flaws in the Gigabyte motherboard design and I had to go through the same process to get my board running (although I recovered only partially, it still sometimes doesn't want to boot and goes into never never land when I turn it on).

Sounds very similar to what I experienced, and if it is a motherboard design flaw, not sure what to say. I believe this is not an individual motherboard problem, but rather either a design flaw or a large batch of their motherboards when built in the factory, get screwed up somehow. If you check around, you'll see a lot of folks with recent Gigabyte motherboards have the same problem: failure to post, flashing cursor....etc.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information