Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X99-UD3 can't get into bios set up

Default Re: X99-UD3 can't get into bios set up

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    You really need to try this method. It sounds like the BIOS has the Ultra Fast setting of the Fast Boot option enabled by default in the BIOS. In that situation, the ONLY way to get into the BIOS is with this Windows 8.1 option. Even when Ultra Fast is not in use, this method should work.

Some boards have a utility program, such as ASRock's Restart to UEFI, that use the same method as the Windows 8.1 option. I couldn't find a similar utility on your board's download page.

If the Windows 8.1 option does not work, then something is really strange, as if the BIOS/UEFI UI is locked out from use.
    I've actually tried that Windows 8.1 option... didn't work either... I'm really baffled about the whole thing... If I never tried logging into set up I would of never known... I haven't had any other issues and boot into windows with no problems..

Thanks for all the help!...

BTW... I flashed the bios to the most up to date... f6... same results.. couldn't get into set up... Anything else I could try???

Chike is offline Senior Member

Tried the fast boot utility?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    What is the fast boot utility and how do I do it?

Yes, just tried it.. downloaded the appcenter, fast boot utility, live update, easy tune and system information viewer all together... disabled fast boot'; still the same, could not enter setup in the bios... Very frustrating!

Thanks for all the help, it's appreciated!!!

In fast boot you have the option "Enter BIOS Setup now", try that.

In fast boot you have the option "Enter BIOS Setup now", try that.
    I've tried that too... Also, I finally got Gigabyte support to answer my question on the mother board here is what they wrote me below:

Dear Customer,
    Please use the following method to update Bios on the motherboard:
    1. Perform a quick format to an USB flash drive using FAT32 file system.
    2. Download the Bios file:
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...x99-ud3_f6.zip
    3. Simply run the Bios file and extract the files into the USB flash drive.

4. Open the flash drive, there should be 3 files, please rename the X99UD3.F6 file to GIGABYTE.bin
    5. Now shut off the machine.
    6. Connect the USB flash drive into the white USB port from the back panel.
    7. Disconnect the CPU power from the motherboard (ATX12V 8-PIN).
    8. Power on the machine and there should be a blinking LED light next to the white USB port, indicating Bios update in process.
    9. You may turn off the machine when the LED light stopped blinking.
    10. Finally hook up the CPU power back to the PC.
    Thank you.

I did exactly as they suggested above... and still cannot enter bios setup! unbelieveable!!!... The motherboard is working beautiful, gets me into windows just fine and seems to be working ok... just can't get into bios setup..And I would love to get into to check the configuration.... frustrating!!..

What happens when you try with fast boot?

I imagine they didn't bother to ask you what BIOS version you have?
    Try to disconnect everything other than keyboard and VGA card, maybe just one memory module, if this doesn't work you may need to RMA it.

What happens when you try with fast boot?

I imagine they didn't bother to ask you what BIOS version you have?
    Try to disconnect everything other than keyboard and VGA card, maybe just one memory module, if this doesn't work you may need to RMA it.
    When I get the chance, I'll try what you suggest.. Thanks for all the help it's appreciated! :-)

Comet 67P ( Exploring with Philae - Rosetta Lander)

When you updated the bios, did it ask you after startup whether you wanted to A), go into the bios setup or B), choose optimized defaults(factory defaults). Perchance, do you see the gigabyte boot logo at all when you start up the computer. Clearing the cmos will also cause the pc to ask you whether you want to go into the bios or choose optimized defaults. Is that the case with your computer.
    If you want to try this, do so with the serial keyboards you have. CMOS reset by switching off the PSU, unplug from power and removing the Motherboard's Battery for 2 minutes then replacing it. Or even bridge or short the clr cmos pins on the board. I'm not sure if the x99 has buttons like the z97x boards do for this type of scenario.

Ultra fast boot can cause this type of issue but since you have it disabled, I guess you can rule that out. I assume it doesn't allow you to choose f12 menu either.
    If you do get into the bios, do check if the standard bios and classic bios have similar settings as per your preference. There could sometimes be some discrepancy.

If you are comfortable with testing components, you could find another video card and try it with the motherboard. It could be the bios is having some difficulty with displaying/communicating with the graphics card for some odd reason, or even setting within the bios (HD display or standard or classic ???)
    Last edited by TicTacToe; 05-05-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    i5 4670k - z87x-ud4h (soho)
    16gb RipJaws
    Corsair PSU, 7870 HD OC 2GB
    Samsung SSD , 3 WD Black Storage.
    Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) z97x- Soc(test bench@4790k, 32gb gskill)
    z97x-Ud5h(workstation)

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacToe View Post
    When you updated the bios, did it ask you after startup whether you wanted to A), go into the bios setup or B), choose optimized defaults(factory defaults). Perchance, do you see the gigabyte boot logo at all when you start up the computer. Clearing the cmos will also cause the pc to ask you whether you want to go into the bios or choose optimized defaults. Is that the case with your computer.
    If you want to try this, do so with the serial keyboards you have. CMOS reset by switching off the PSU, unplug from power and removing the Motherboard's Battery for 2 minutes then replacing it. Or even bridge or short the clr cmos pins on the board. I'm not sure if the x99 has buttons like the z97x boards do for this type of scenario.

Ultra fast boot can cause this type of issue but since you have it disabled, I guess you can rule that out. I assume it doesn't allow you to choose f12 menu either.
    If you do get into the bios, do check if the standard bios and classic bios have similar settings as per your preference. There could sometimes be some discrepancy.

If you are comfortable with testing components, you could find another video card and try it with the motherboard. It could be the bios is having some difficulty with displaying/communicating with the graphics card for some odd reason, or even setting within the bios (HD display or standard or classic ???)
    No it didn't offer me any of those options A or B. However I do remember seeing the Gigabyte boot logo when I did boot up the computer... You know the odd thing is that I can enter the f12 & f9 menu options... but I just can't get into bios set up.. always end up with a blinking curser for a second in the upper left hand side, then it goes blank, black... I let it stay like that for a few minutes then give up and reboot computer...This is frustrating... !!!! BTW.. this is what Gigabyte Support is suggesting I try now:

Dear Customer,

Is it possible to test with another PC monitor to rule out the possibility?

Thank you.

When I get the chance, I do have another monitor in the basement with a serial port.. (if it still works) I'll give that a shot before I decide whether to remove the battery from the motherboard... And no, I don't have any other video cards on hand to try.. Thanks for all the Help!!! It's appreciated!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information