Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5: BSODs after OC & other random freezes/hangs

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5: BSODs after OC & other random freezes/hangs

Quote Originally Posted by shootfire View Post
    I ran MemTest86 and had 0 faults.
    I cleared the CMOS and removed battery for 10 min. Reset BIOS to optimized settings.
    Weird things still happening.
    Which thing, the 124 BSOD?

Quote Originally Posted by shootfire View Post
    This is getting good now. I shut it down and moved it back to my desk area to get ready to re-install Windows. Turned it on, now the fans all just spin at full speed. Nothing happens, it just stays doing that. Cleared CMOS again, no luck. Is this bricked? WTF lol
    Maybe it is best to take it all out, start with bare bone (CPU+RAM only) and see how goes.

shootfire is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5: BSODs after OC & other random freezes/hangs

Sorry, should have specified - no BSOD this time, but several .exe files hanging; boot process takes 22 sec before the logo appears every time; Windows shut-down screen hangs, have to manually shut off about 50% of the time. I just ordered a Asus ROG Maximus Gene VII, will try that when it comes in. I think for now my mobo is fried anyway, due to the fans running at full speed and nothing else happening.
    My Flight Sim Build: GA97MX-Gaming 5 mobo, i7-4790K, EVGA GT740SC 4GB DDR5, 8GB G.SKILL Sniper, 240GB SSD / 500GB HDD, ASUS DRW-241, Corsair CX430M PSU, Cougar Spike case

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information