Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo does not boot with ddr3 ram 1066

Unhappy GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo does not boot with ddr3 ram 1066

Hello, I did search on internet and I got some conclusions. My motherboard ( without OC ) just supports ddr3 1066mhz, 4gb max per slot, so i bought a pack of 2 rams ( 2x4gb ) that is G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) (G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL - Newegg.com ) and it doesnt work, i have black screen and it just keeps restarting. I hope i can get some help from you guys!! Everything on my computer is fine and it's running well with 3gb ram ( 1Gb + 2Gb ). Here's the specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
    Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo (Socket 775) rev 2.0
    1024 MB GeForce GTS 250 (nVidia)

and it currently has Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1! Plz help me with this.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo does not boot with ddr3 ram 1066

Better ask before you buy. This RAM target new chipsets ad G41 cannot handle it.
    You should look for an older (used) memory that is on the compatibility list, or find a match to your 2GB module

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Better ask before you buy. This RAM target new chipsets ad G41 cannot handle it.
    You should look for an older (used) memory that is on the compatibility list, or find a match to your 2GB module
    Well i really though it was compatible :/ well can you please tell me a good 2x4gb ram that doesnt need to be OC and it runs on my motherboard? 1066mhz will be great. i can not find any that guarantee that it works

Chike is offline Senior Member

I cannot recommend a memory, there is the memory support list on product support page you can choose from.
    Choose your board revision
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-Combo (rev. 1.3)

Thread Information