Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK and 4790K; Always on Turbo Boost/ 4.4ghz+Question of XMP

Default Re: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK and 4790K; Always on Turbo Boost/ 4.4ghz+Question of XMP

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    There differences between BIOS settings VID and vcore in my board too.
    e.g. I am underclockinh it a bit now (vey hot here) so I set BIOS to 1.10v VID shows, 1.101(sometimes difference is 0.05v, I think it is due to sensor accuracy/granularity) ad vcore goes up as 1.12v.

Exact numbers don't really matter as long it works.

Yes at least one hour test, mre would be better.

IDK, what BIOS version you have?
    Hmm, allright. The BIOS version is F6, I read it is supposed to be optimized for the K chips.. :S

I just did another test with 1.30v for five minutes but stopped it after that because I have to work on the PC, thats the longest it has run so far without crashing. I will have to do a longer test at another time but hopefully this is it.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK and 4790K; Always on Turbo Boost/ 4.4ghz+Question of XMP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDude View Post
    I just did another test with 1.30v
    1.13v you mean?
    Pay no attention to what you see in BIOS. not to CPU-Z without load.
    With no load at all vcore should drop to even under 0.1v the main thing is how much is it under full load.
    LinX and Prime95 with FMA3 enabled may even take it up some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    1.13v you mean?
    Pay no attention to what you see in BIOS. not to CPU-Z without load.
    With no load at all vcore should drop to even under 0.1v the main thing is how much is it under full load.
    LinX and Prime95 with FMA3 enabled may even take it up some more.
    Right, well 1.130v, I guess I somehow got lazy there without noticing, heh. I will do those when I got abit more time then, hopefully it goes well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information