Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT new Bios addressing the 8016 error in Windows 10 is because of Securom DRM does Bios flash Circumvent Microsoft Policy?

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: IMPORTANT new Bios addressing the 8016 error in Windows 10 is because of Securom DRM does Bios flash Circumvent Microsoft Policy?

Gigabyte address this issue (error code 8016) with new BIOS last week.

I just ask you to flash latest BIOS or
    you will still stay with BIOS F2 and write long letters here.

Edit:
    If you don't know how to flash BIOS...let me know.

Edit1:
    Btw,
    this is NOT Gigabyte issue.....it's INTEL issue and they release new CPU Microcode for this.
    Last edited by stasio; 09-09-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Default Re: IMPORTANT new Bios addressing the 8016 error in Windows 10 is because of Securom DRM does Bios flash Circumvent Microsoft Policy?

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Gigabyte address this issue (error code 8016) with new BIOS last week.

I just ask you to flash latest BIOS or
    you will still stay with BIOS F2 and write long letters here.

Edit:
    If you don't know how to flash BIOS...let me know.

Edit1:
    Btw,
    this is NOT Gigabyte issue.....it's INTEL issue and they release new CPU Microcode for this.
    How is this for not posting "long letters"

Mirror's Edge error code 8016 - Answer HQ

A day later a gamer with the EA games, Mirrors Edge, has the exact 8016 error due to Securom
    Now i can understand someone not being able to dedicate enough research into issues when there are probably a long list
    of them that the engineers are working on with the new Z170 Gigabyte Motherboards.

But I am not a liar and I didnt become an Electrical Engineer in a dream. I tell the truth. The fact is as the days go by more
    and more people will be complaining about the 8016 error and it does not have anything to do with the Skylake Processor.
    It is because of Microsoft 10 new decision to elimate Securom and other DRMs from running.
    You think you might be able to read that. i mean its just a few words and its clear english.
    Just want a little respect here is all I ask PEACE

but you have this problem, or you want to talk about this ?
    If you have problem listen Stasio and flash with the latest BIOS release

marko1 is offline Junior Member

Well. Just so you know... I flashed the BIOS on the GA-Z170xp-sli motherboard with the beta BIOS version. It works as written. Meaning that you will no longer get the 8016 error. Windows 10 only prevents using discs that have securom. Steam and Origin games reporting this 8016 error should work fine after the BIOS patch. I tested this with GTA IV which would not install before the patch. Does Fallout 3 use securom? I have that on a disc so I could check if that also works,

Quote Originally Posted by marko1 View Post
    Well. Just so you know... I flashed the BIOS on the GA-Z170xp-sli motherboard with the beta BIOS version. It works as written. Meaning that you will no longer get the 8016 error. Windows 10 only prevents using discs that have securom. Steam and Origin games reporting this 8016 error should work fine after the BIOS patch. I tested this with GTA IV which would not install before the patch. Does Fallout 3 use securom? I have that on a disc so I could check if that also works,
    Hi and thanks for telling me what happens. I have GTA 4 on Disc so that is definitely out. I really wish you were right but I have downloaded 3 games through origin . NO disc and they have Securom and that other DRM. Look at these games on Origins Store at the bottom of the page for each game. It tells you in Bold type what DRM the games have.
    The ones that through a Download that dont work are:

Shift 2
    BurnoutParadise Ultimate Box
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (the newer game)

As much as I wish you were right believe me. I am so worn out from dealing with various issues. Like finding out some app in the Gigabyte App Center was Causing my Computer to hang when shutting down. Now that was a nightmare to get fixed and put back so I could use EasyTune. You see the EasyTuneEngine Service is actually a seperate setup file in the App Center installation Folder. I am still having some issues with the machine though.

Anyway Yea this is ONLY in Origin that I am talking about. All the games in Steam work. They dont have Securom or other DRM. At least all the games I have and I have a lot. I also rebought
    Dead Space
    in Steam and it worked.
    It failed when I tried to download it through Origin. NO disc. Read the description in Dead Space in the Origin Store and you will see it too has DRM.

Because everything has to be perfect with this computer for me to be happy I have driven myself crazy. I am over it on the EA game situation and Origin. I have lots of games to play. Hell
    I bought GRID 2 and it is a funner racing game than all of the ones I mentioned. I do miss BurnoutParadise.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanetto View Post
    but you have this problem, or you want to talk about this ?
    If you have problem listen Stasio and flash with the latest BIOS release
    Hi Stasio this will take a few lines of text. First off:

I just Flashed my Bios.

But I didnt flash it because of the 8016 error. I flashed it because of an elusive memory issue that just reared its head with
    a blue screen. I have 3200 speed memory and I have been thinking all was good with the xmp profile detecting it. Well I had
    been getting Hangs of a couple of processes when i would shut down for a while now. I have been using the Smart Boost OC in Easy Tune
    since the beginning basically. I really havnt had games fail and only when I realized something in the AP Center was causing these hangs was
    when I got a Memory_Management error.

So Its either Bios related , timing and voltage settings with Easytune or I sure as hell hope the memory has not gone bad.

I just finished the Bios update and it didnt brick my board thank God. But I will not know for a while I think if the Flash fixed the memory
    issue. I ran the memory test from Administrative Tools and it did tell me there were errors in Hardware. .

So this Ride has been really ruff on me putting this new computer together with a brand new Operating System I am totally Green with.

I really need some good luck now. And if the memory tests good then I will try downloading one of the games again to see if the Bios
    fixed the 8016 error .

ILL BE BACK

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

So,you do first step.....

Will be good to know which BIOS you flashed.....F3 or F4f?
    What is your memory model (except is 3200 rating)?
    BIOS F4f also Improve DDR4 XMP compatibility.

To be save, disable GB application from start up in your OS.

And create a detailed hardware list in your PC Specs or forum signature,as per profJim advise in post #9.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

@SkyMike

This is my standard boilerplate message that includes links to help you quickly create your detailed hardware list, preferably using the PC Specs (aka System Specs) option:

We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs
    portion of your forum profile at the bottom of the profile page or in your forum signature.
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
    When you are done editing or creating your hardware list, save the settings.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

IMPORTANT new Bios addressing the 8016 error in Windows 10 is because of Securom DRM does Bios flash Circumvent Microsoft Policy?-running-copy-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyMike View Post
    Hi Stasio this will take a few lines of text. First off:

I just Flashed my Bios.

ILL BE BACK
    Well the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool has made it through 50% of the 2nd pass with no error. I got a memory error in this diagnostic in the first half of the first pass
    so It is looking good. Just a little more time.............................................. .
    and............................................... ......
    NO PROBLEMS WERE DETECTED

OMG is that a relief. Thank You Gigabyte for the new Bios. They integrated the 8016 bios update into the bios I just flashed. Man I am so stressed out
    you have no idea. I have been troubleshooting for days non stop.

One thing is for sure Is I just determined that if you are using memory over 2100 then you have to flash the Bios for it to run properly. I cant believe
    I didnt get more severe errors before now. I will try to download a game now. I do hope it works.
    I willl download BurnoutParadise Ultimate Box. I bought DLC for that game.

Ill come back later. Now new owners of the Z170 Gigabyte Motherboards know they have to flash the bios because of Memory with out a doubt.

P.S. I made a signature with my entire rig.
    Last edited by SkyMike; 09-11-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    My Awesome new Windows 10 Pro Computer:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming GT
    Processor - Skylake i5 6600K
    Memory - G Skill RipJaws V 3200 DDR4 designed for the Z170 chipset 16 Gb
    Fan Heatsink - Noctua NH - U14S (Very wide and tall. It wouldnt work on the G1 if you had a Graphics card in Slot 1)
    Graphics Cards - 2x EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked with Backplate in SLI
    Power Supply - Corsair 850 Watt non modular
    DVD RW - HP dvd1260 SATA model
    SSD drives - Crusial 500 GB System drive for windows
    Crusial 1 TB for Games
    WD Rapter Drive - for Games
    WD Data Drive - for just stuff
    Computer Case - Lian Li Full Tower with Side Window that I modified with a fan to blow on Video cards
    Lastly a bunch of lit up fans and some other cool lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    So,you do first step.....

Will be good to know which BIOS you flashed.....F3 or F4f?
    What is your memory model (except is 3200 rating)?
    BIOS F4f also Improve DDR4 XMP compatibility.

To be save, disable GB application from start up in your OS.

And create a detailed hardware list in your PC Specs or forum signature,as per profJim advise in post #9.
    I flashed it to F4f. I put all my components in my signature but my memory is GSkill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4. 16 GB
    Man so like i was saying to you and anyone I wanted to believe it was true about the 8016 bios but with all the articles
    on Websites about Windows 10 not allowing DRM and then some Tech thread where everyone was just in complete denial that
    the SKylake processor had anything to do with the 8016 , I just decided it would be better not to risk that particular bios flash.
    Well now you know that I HAD to flash it for Memory compatibility reasons and I did redownload 4 games since then.

I spend sheesh easy 1 hour of research getting BurnoutParadise to configure but it installed and ran and runs great.
    Ill be testing Shift 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit in the next couple of minutes.

I have to give Gigabytes Engineers , I.T. Department and everyone involved in this a MAJOR thankyou and this is
    just the best support for a Motherboard I have ever encountered. Thank You so much to Gigabyte and YOU guys here at Tweak Town for helping me.

I checked with MSI to see if they had a bios revision addressing the 8016 error and they did not. That also factored into my caustion in flashing the bios
    in my situation.

I wish I hadnt bought Dead Space. I know I am not perfect thats why I listen and learn from everyone. Thats part of being an Engineer and a Mega Computer PC Geek.
    Thanks Stasio

P.S. I just tried SHIFT 2 and it works too. I hope you can sympathize with me a little bit. I downloaded both of these games before even cleaning Registry entries out for them. It is really amazing that Gigabyte was so on top of this for us Gamers. Really amazing.
    IMPORTANT new Bios addressing the 8016 error in Windows 10 is because of Securom DRM does Bios flash Circumvent Microsoft Policy?-build-1-007-copy-jpg
    Last edited by SkyMike; 09-11-2015 at 08:27 PM.
    My Awesome new Windows 10 Pro Computer:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming GT
    Processor - Skylake i5 6600K
    Memory - G Skill RipJaws V 3200 DDR4 designed for the Z170 chipset 16 Gb
    Fan Heatsink - Noctua NH - U14S (Very wide and tall. It wouldnt work on the G1 if you had a Graphics card in Slot 1)
    Graphics Cards - 2x EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked with Backplate in SLI
    Power Supply - Corsair 850 Watt non modular
    DVD RW - HP dvd1260 SATA model
    SSD drives - Crusial 500 GB System drive for windows
    Crusial 1 TB for Games
    WD Rapter Drive - for Games
    WD Data Drive - for just stuff
    Computer Case - Lian Li Full Tower with Side Window that I modified with a fan to blow on Video cards
    Lastly a bunch of lit up fans and some other cool lighting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information