Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-Z170X-GAMING G1 does not boot with XMP

Default Re: GA-Z170X-GAMING G1 does not boot with XMP

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacToe View Post
    Sent a request to Gigabyte support concerning these issues and the manual solutions, they said they are aware of problems with some high mhz memory sticks. Fingers crossed someone will double up on testing and implement solutions on next bios releases. I don't like how finicky these new bio(es) seem to respond to memory overclocks in general. The Asus boards I've tested have been smoother.
    Great :) At least something.. better that the answer from Gigabyte to my support case. They told me, Skylake does not support XMP with 4 modules and it's normal, that it would not work..

Okay, I've flashed now the newest Beta Bios F7a. That one did the trick. I am finally able to boot with XMP 3000MHz..

[EDIT]
    But it's not stable.. About 1-2 hours later, Windows freezes..
    Last edited by ConiKost; 12-24-2015 at 09:48 PM.

sairy is offline Junior Member

I have the same error with my Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 BIOS F6f. I use Dominator Platinum Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit (CMD32GX4M2B3000C15) but cannot run in XMP1.

Gigabyte just release new BIOS update to fix this error on BIOS F7 and F8d beta but I cannot update the firmware by @BIOS neither Q-Flash. Do you know how to update BIOS successful? I used Q-Flash they can verified and update successful, the BIOS need restart and after that I enter the BIOS, the BIOS version still in F6f. Here is the screenshoots:

Attached Images Attached Images GA-Z170X-GAMING G1 does not boot with XMP-2016-04-12_9-10-00-jpg 

brouhahaha is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sairy View Post
    I have the same error with my Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 BIOS F6f. I use Dominator Platinum Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit (CMD32GX4M2B3000C15) but cannot run in XMP1.

Gigabyte just release new BIOS update to fix this error on BIOS F7 and F8d beta but I cannot update the firmware by @BIOS neither Q-Flash. Do you know how to update BIOS successful? I used Q-Flash they can verified and update successful, the BIOS need restart and after that I enter the BIOS, the BIOS version still in F6f. Here is the screenshoots:

Try clearing Cmos on the mobo then Q-flash from Bios. Remember that the mobo is dual boot so it could be defaulting to backup Bios rather than the updated one. There is a switch and light to tell you which Bios the mobo is booting up on.

sairy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by brouhahaha View Post
    Try clearing Cmos on the mobo then Q-flash from Bios. Remember that the mobo is dual boot so it could be defaulting to backup Bios rather than the updated one. There is a switch and light to tell you which Bios the mobo is booting up on.
    Thank for your help. I updated successful with your guide. Here is my solve for another:

1. Turn off your PC. Look on your Mainboard has clear CMOS button, hold it for 5s. See the screenshot below for instruction.
    2. Power on, press End key to use Q-Flash update firmware from USB or from hard driver.

If the BIOS still not update, try this:
    3. Switch SB to Position 2 to use Single BIOS (Position 1 for Dual BIOS). See the screenshot below for instruction.
    4. Clear CMOS again.
    5. Power On and try to update BIOS again.

PS: the Ver F8d still not fix the XMP issue for Corsair Dominator bus 3000 MHz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information